what is a prepper

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by -06, Mar 21, 2015.

Tags:
  1. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Bud sent me a link defining a prepper but it was woefully short sighted. I wrote him this:
    Prepping is a misnomer to many. Some think just having a week or two of food is sufficient but IMO, that is an act of futility. W/O the ability to move quickly, have alternate routes to various locations, pre arranged plans w/those of similar attitudes, caches, communication abilities, extensive first aid knowledge/supplies/meds, water filtration/storage, shelter, and arms to meet any need are all part of being a true prepper. Some say this is mere paranoia but the citizens of New Orleans would argue the point--those from Chernobyl, Russia would also. Having the ability to leave the security of home for 3 days, 30 days, or forever should be a capability. Arriving at one of your destinations safely and already having plans to be able to make it defensible should be part of those plans.

Sapper John and Motomom34 like this.
  2. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Basic Survival

3. -06

-06 Monkey+++

True HK, but words that we understand mean little or nothing to neophytes. Actual definitions or examples make it plain to those struggling to grow in knowledge/experience. Have grown very "shy" in talking with most locals. Still respond to inquiries but in a guarded mode till I see their true degree of interest/involvement. Love to help those truly interested in securing safety in bad situations for family.

Yard Dart and BTPost like this.
  1. oldman11
  2. Witch Doctor 01
  3. T. Riley
  4. Motomom34
  5. Yard Dart
  6. Motomom34
  7. Motomom34
  8. Motomom34
  9. Yard Dart
  10. Trial and Error
  11. thegoldlock.com