What is it with people

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by UGRev, Aug 16, 2010.

1. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

So the American Family Association has been calling me REPEATEDLY for weeks. I have blocked numerous variants of their numbers but today I decided to pick up the phone.

This guy tried to convince me that my monetary contribution would actually have some sort of impact on saving traditional marriage by somehow trying to convince me that the law is going to change peoples minds. Really? People will do what they want, married or not, gay or not. No amount of money is going to make people stop believing what they believe or change their opinions, especially overnight and especially not through a law.

If that was the case, then everyone who thought that the recent 2A supreme court ruling was bad, before the ruling, must by his definition, immediately think that the 2A represents the opposite of what they did before and they support it 100% without any further opinion involved. It is law and therefore they now think it's good.

I just had to laugh. Here we were, two guys, on the same side arguing about how my 75 dollars would make a difference against gay marriage. I told him that anytime in history that a change took place with such rapid succession, it has always failed. He didn't believe me. What ever.. I told him that change will take decades to achieve on this front and it will start with my kids, then their kids and then their kids believing that marriage should be between a man and a woman and that this particular style of slow change lasts f(x) longer than forced/quick change.

Looks like the mentality of "Fast Food" has taken hold in a lot more places than we thought b::

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

There is a serious epidemic of cranio rectitus going around.

3. bnmb

bnmb On Hiatus Banned

ROFL!...I bet they'll offer a nice new "vaccine" for that... b::

4. fortunateson

fortunateson I hate Illinois Nazis!

Ya know...
    If you read the new testament, you see that God allows people to do whatever they want - THERE WILL BE CONSEQUENCES - but he doesn't force anyone's hand.

So now, you have a bunch of neo-Christian, neo-cons trying to enforce morals through the legislature.
    Setting aside the fact that it's NEVER WORKED -
    They somehow think that they won't be bitten in the *ss when the tide turns and legislation comes back around against them.

How about we agree not to set a precedent to OUTLAW OUR OWN BELIEFS - can we?
    Sheesh!

5. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

I could not drill this into this mans' head. He just wouldn't listen. He clearly couldn't comprehend free will.

6. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

I like to call it "Cranial Rectal Inversion".

[​IMG]

7. bnmb

bnmb On Hiatus Banned

I could...got a good drill too...Black & Decker... b::

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7