What is this thing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Homunculi, May 17, 2020.

1. Homunculi

Homunculi Monkey++

Need to know what this thing is please

10420165-B9AF-4845-BF4D-6DB61E1EFC87.

techsar and Gator 45/70 like this.
  2. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Looks like an Apple picking tool!

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  3. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

I think it is a cigarette holder, designed to get the last bit of nicotine out of a cigarette without burning one's fingers or lips.....OH! you mean the thing that dude is holding in his right hand???

4. 3cyl

3cyl Monkey+++

Roach clip

5. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Lol, I have a smaller version in the garage !

sec_monkey, SB21 and techsar like this.
  6. magicfingers

magicfingers Monkey+++

7. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Here's mine,With all honesty I have never used it like the fellow in the picture at the moment is about too.

20200517_200111.

sec_monkey, SB21 and techsar like this.
  8. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Looks like a Spud Rake to these eyes...

9. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

Used one as a teen.

10. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

It is a frog grabber...still sold @ Academy for under $20

sec_monkey and Gator 45/70 like this.
  11. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Shoot man,That thing of mine will grab everything from empty water bottles to snakes out of the ditch !

12. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

13. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

ghrit, Gator 45/70 and SB21 like this.
  14. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I miss those sounds,Thanks for posting

I used to grab frogs by hand until one night....Went to grab one but only problem was a cottonmouth was on the other end about to grab the frog....The Snek won that night !

15. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Now I see the hinge and can see how it works. there might be other things to grab. Do NOT show it to Biden!!!

16. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

I thought this was won with Roach !!
    the frog Jaunt was said (post 6),, so !

17. 3cyl

3cyl Monkey+++

OK, I gather we're talking about whats in right hand and not his left.
    I feel dumb now.

18. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Yep miss froggin used to go in a old 12 foot jon boat from pond to pond with my arsenal of froggin tools Grabber, Gig, narrow net and broader net. Have a scar on the side of my right hand from grabbing one that big ole snapper had already claimed. I grabbed the frog and the snapper grabbed me, right on that meaty part behind the pinky knuckle. Got the turtle when I yanked my hand back and never hand grabbed another one after that. Another night slow paddling around a big ponds edges, Godzilla came up out of the water and jumped up in the boat with me. Not knowing what was trying to kill me I did an impressive backward fall/jump off the opposite side of the boat. Sounded like my little boat was getting tore to shreds with all the banging and pounding going on in it. When I peeked over the edge after the pounding subsided, there lay a 11 1/2 pound large mouth bass LOL. I was probably 12-13 years old then and that bass may as well have been JAWS in my mind. Now days I am content to sit on the porch at night and listen to them croaking out in the stock ponds. But good memories of froggin, running turtle traps and trot lines....... And can't forget the crawdaddy traps loaded up with rancid chicken liver and pulling up a basket full of fresh water lobsters from the slough.

SB21, Cruisin Sloth, techsar and 3 others like this.
  19. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

Its for those really tough dingle berries...

20. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

[LMAO] Man,, that bass story cracked me up ,, but I can imagine the instant terror in the middle of the night ,,,, My brother in law was out fishing with on e of his buddies back when he was about 14 or so ,, said they were trolling around in the lake fishing ,, he was in the front of the boat , told his buddy to turn the boat quick that they were about to hit a log ,, he turned ,, and as they got up beside it , saw that it was a big gar ,,they grabbed their boat paddles and beat the thing dumb ,, they must have just stunned it ,, after they got it in the boat,, it came alive , flopping around flapping the those 2 foot razor sharp teeth around . they were able to keep it , ,my brother in law had it mounted and had it hanging in his shop .

Thunder5Ranch and Gator 45/70 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7