What Is This

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nailbender, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Nailbender

Nailbender Monkey+++

These and mine are NOT metorites = Moqui Marbles - Shama Stone - Hematite Concretion and other names.

2. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

I was wrong sure aint no dinosaur turd....
    "its a "concretion"(?)from the link:
    concretions

<table border="0" cellpadding="6" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="big" bgcolor="#e9e0e0">Hematite concretions or nodules are often mistaken for meteorites because their shapes catch people's attention and they are denser than most rocks. Concretions come in a wide variety of bizarre shapes. Sometimes they're shiny on the surface, which might give the impression of a meteorite fusion crust. Note that while a hematite concretion is rich in iron, it is not magnetic. Clicking on some of the smaller images will bring up enlargements.</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

3. pgrass101

pgrass101 Monkey+++

I guess I need to read more and look at the pictures less

4. Nailbender

Nailbender Monkey+++

I wish your guess was correct ... I'd come down thar and take you and yours out for supper.

5. hartage

hartage Monkey+++

Dang, I got it wrong. A molten hunk of metal.

6. sheen_estevez

sheen_estevez Monkey+++

She kept it in the garage. All kidding aside it would chip a tooth

7. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

No, but you get a discovery channel bonus point for using the word "coprolite".

8. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

:)
    easy to remember "copra"
    from
    "coprophelia" people who like to play in human excrement....Academy days: we had a weeks presentation with "doctor death" the command forensic pathologist gave us a weeks immersion in weird ways people who are found dead; die.One particularly memorable picture was of a "guy" (wierdos are invariably men)
    who slipped down inside the tank of a highway ladies restroom (a deep "outhouse" style commode) to enjoy a day of being defecated on by random women travelers (ALWAY LOOK DOWN THE HOLE LADIES!), was over come by fumes hit his head slipped into the slop and suffocated some where in a southern state( iirc).the picture was of the dripping body still hanging by the winch cable of the emergency "crane" they used to retrieve the body...ewe fun stuff wot.
    #2 was the young electrocuted GI slumped against the barracks wall a full sized familiar govt metal floor bluffer in his lap (short circuited) he was running the buffing disk against his rufus as a form of masturbation.(tough sum'b#itch).(lonely marine??).

9. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

sweet [touchdown]

I'll confess, I did use the web in assisting with my answer.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7