What is your groups loadout?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Barbosa, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Barbosa

Barbosa Monkey+

There's a guy I know that thinks his pistol and shotgun along with his buddy's pistol and shotgun are going to protect him on a 1000 acre ranch. But you see, that's all they have. He's not stockpiling anything else but that and a tent. Well, I reckon he'll be alright for a couple weeks. And one never knows, they may never come across a single person, even if they make it a year. But I sincerely think that when they come across roving packs of dogs and wild hogs....

Sad really. I like the guy. Such a waste.

2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

It is a "Well researched FACT" that the "Gun that Won the West" was the Double Barreled Shotgun... That is the weapon, that MOST of the westward Movement, and Homesteaders, used, and could afford, when traveling west. It could be loaded with BirdShot or Round Balls as the case may have required, and was very easy for the Little Woman to learn to use. All this TV, and Movie, BS about SixGuns and Winchesters, is just that BS. You just do NOT mess with a Human that has the Working end of a Double pointed at you within 30 Yds, PERIOD....I see no cause to not believe your friend, when he makes such a Statement. The chances are he knows a whole lot more about his local AoO, and the weapons required, than most FlatLanders that would encroach on his AoO.
    ...... YMMV... but NOT Likely....

3. dewber

dewber Monkey+

So are you in a militia or something?

4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

In a manner of speaking, we citizens all are.

5. BTPost

Ghrit, that is a True Statement, HOWEVER, there are a LOT of folks, I would NOT want in any unorganized Militia, that I was going to serve in..... Fortunately where I would serve, ALL my Close Neighbors, do not fall into that category....YMMV....

6. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

BTPost: In some states, it is a requirement (Texas) to serve if called by the State's government. We are all defacto members if we are over 18 and under 60, and not ineligible due to legal status, physical or mental defect, or fall under other exceptions.

7. Cephus

Cephus Monkey+++ Founding Member

Some people don't get that we are the militia .
    [doh]

8. BTPost

In every State I have lived in, The Unorganized Militia was a VOLUNTARY Force, that when called up, by the Legal Authority, you could choose to server, or NOT, as your conscious dictated. Once joined, you were IN until Relieved, or Died, but at the discretion of the Unit Commander, could be mustered out, at any time. My Understanding..... YMMV....

9. Falcon15

The Texas State Guard is a voluntary force, that when called, must serve. They operate under
    Every other able bodied (originally only Male) Texan aged between 18 & 60 are considered "Reserve Militia" under Chapter 431 of the Texas State Code.

We Texans are "eligible" under:
    So you see, we are held as "Subject to Military Duty" by our State unless we are disqualified under one of the above. We are even subject to Draft in Texas.

More reading for my fellow Texans: LINK TO STATE GOV REGULATIONS

Texas has always been "different". Not a bad different, just distinct.

Sapper John likes this.
  10. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Federal law trumps state law... the Dick act of 1903... 57th US congress....

· The reserve militia<SUP>[3]</SUP> or unorganized militia, also created by the Militia Act of 1903 which presently consist of every able-bodied man of at least 17 and under 45 years of age who are not members of the National Guard or Naval Militia. (that is, anyone who would be eligible for a draft)<SUP>[2]</SUP>
    <SUP></SUP>
    <SUP>Incidently from a legal perspective this also means all of these folk can legally bear arms under the militia clause of the 2nd ammendment... for those idiots who think it only allows Militias to be armed...</SUP>
    <SUP></SUP>
    <SUP></SUP>
    <SUP>YMMV<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /></SUP>

Falcon15 likes this.
  11. Falcon15

Texas Law backs Federal Law 100% and applies its own requirements for State service.

12. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

Worse. A long time ago I swore my solemn oath to defend the Constitution; a few years later I ets'd.
    However, no one released me from my solemn oath. In today's world everything must have a website so there is one. However, the oath keepers existed long before the internet.

LogOut likes this.
  13. tommyboy4090

tommyboy4090 Monkey+

I only wish I had a group in my area. I am putting together a meet and greet this month to meet like minded people.

As far as weapons go i am ok. I only have a trusty henry 22 lr lever action and a ruger single 6 22lr/22 mag. I think i will be ok.

14. LogOut

LogOut Monkey+

I've often said pretty much the same thing on other forums. Nice to see I'm in good company.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7