What is your 'Minimum Safe Distance'

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Grandpa Patch, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Grandpa Patch

Grandpa Patch Monkey+

Thank you for everyone's response to this thread. No two answers are the same, as it should be, as no two situations are the same. I hope everyone who has read or replied to this thread, realizes that they not only thought about their own personal safety for a few minutes, but also may have provided a piece of information that will possibly (we hope never to be used) help another member. There are things that I thought I had covered, but under someone else's scenario and use of terms it gave me another way of looking at the possibilities that I have in my mind's list of scenarios. Again, thanks you Monkey's for sharing your perspectives.

Bandit99 and Motomom34 like this.
  2. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

A few years ago the BBC had a program on how people react in a disaster .
    It was quite telling and revealed the hesitation for the most to wait for some one else to act first .
    Smoke enters a room but nothing is said till one person finally takes notice and says something then the rest panic .
    This happens all over the world , in all kinds of environments .
    A man brandishing a gun, most people stare like deer in head lights no one has a plan ,even those that should have a plan.
    A tour boat is sinking and no one seems to have a clue as to what to do. it's not my boat , I'm not taking responsibility for some one else's boat, isn't fixing the boat is the companies responsibility,? where is the coast guard ? shouldn't the driver know how to fix the boat ?. Mean while the driver is yelling in his native language and no one knows what to do .
    What do you do ?
    If you lack the knowledge of what a boat is or how it's constructed you could be at the mercy of the panicked group needing answers.
    I have been in these situations ,and had friends in worse situations and made both good and bad decisions with in them.
    The worst is having no plan of action in the event things go wrong.

3. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

The idea is to create a plan of action the moment you decide to go in some direction .
    Short trips or long, I contemplate the WALK home ,in changing weather and hostile environments .
    They don't have to exist at the moment , but the potential always exists .

4. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

EOD standard is a minimum of 1000 meters...

1. AD1
  2. Motomom34
  3. Illini Warrior
  4. Dunerunner
  5. Prepper12
  6. Ganado
  7. HK_User
  8. oil pan 4
  9. arleigh
  10. Meat
  11. Thunder5Ranch
  12. Dunerunner