what is your thoughts about the Nissian Juke

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hank2222, May 20, 2011.

1. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

I know it's not quite the same, but my Mitsubishi has a AWD Lock mode which splits the diff 50/50. Useful for pulling stuff or if you're doing gravel types of roads..etc yadda yadda. By far, the mitsu's awd is better than the subaru's. I've owned a subaru.. worst car ever.. will never own another.

2. JBillh

JBillh Monkey+

NISSAN = Not made in America (probably) and therefore not of much interest to me.

Nothing against those who make it or like it... but all my vehicles are locally born and bread... albeit with far too many foreign parts.;)

Manufacturing in America is dying and we have to revive it somehow.

All the Best,

Bill

3. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

Having owned real 4WDs (locking axles front and rear), 4WDs (open front and locking rear) and an AWD; IMO the secret is all in the tires.
    I live on a dirt road in the mountains; the road has an illegal grade (too steep for a "to code" road) and a switch back grade. With all season tires; my AWD spun it's tires where my 3x4 PU would have (IMO lol) easily got me out. With a more aggressive M&S I come and go as I wish or need with the AWD.

4. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

Depends on the AWD system too. Some don't transfer power equally.. they just transfer power to the gripping wheels temporarily to help with traction where others keep power at the wheels.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7