What I've Done with the Wicked Edge

Discussion in 'Blades' started by Valkman, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Valkman

Valkman Knifemaker Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

When I first got it and started sharpening I got good sharp edges but nothing spectacular. I kept at it and I guess the stones got "broke in" because all of a sudden I got an edge that looked like a mirror! I now get this finish on every knife I do, and it's sweet!

Strider SnG:

SnG_edge3.

Damascus Bowie (took 3 hours):

Damascus_Bowie1.

Bowie I made (it's my avatar):

Blade_knife2.
    Blade_knife1.

I am really, really happy I got the WE system! I got the Pro Pack and extra balsa strops and the 1200/1600 stones. Once you finish at 1600 and strop down to 3.5 microns you have a shiny edge! If you've been on the fence about what to get I'd take advantage of the sale shotgunner is having.

2. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

I was looking at those yesterday and was wondering who I knew that had used them. Thanks for the review!

3. Bear

Bear Monkey+++ Founding Member Iron Monkey

It's an awesome system... I have a number of sharpening systems and oil and water stones ... this is the easiest to use with consistent results if you are not used to or don't want to master sharpening freehand... there are Youtube videos that are updated constantly showing how to sharpen a variety of edges... Highly recommend Wicked Edge if this fits you and recommend Shotgunner as well....

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7