What Made You Happy Today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 3M-TA3, Apr 30, 2018.

1. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

I was wearing a white short sleeve shirt and tie today (it was 83), and had a woman tell me I looked just like Michael Douglas..."...from that movie...Falling... something." Falling Down, I filled in for her. It's the glasses.

I guess that's better than before I needed glasses and kept getting "OMG! You look just like Woody Harrelson!" That's nice. Woody Harrelson from Cheers.

"No... from Natural Born Killers!"

Motomom34, Ura-Ki, Yard Dart and 2 others like this.
  2. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

One of my favorite kind of days cold and blustery wind all day long. in the upper 40s I wore a T shirt and levis all day . I'm loving it .

3. hot diggity

4. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

The hood ornament is leaning way back, How fast are we going?

[woot]

Ganado, Motomom34, Ura-Ki and 3 others like this.
  5. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I saw a clip of comey on "the view" when they told him some breaking news, that there would be a Senate inquiry about him, hillery and the Russia nonsense.
    Boy looked he had swallowed his dip.
    Made my day.

Ura-Ki, 3M-TA3 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  6. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

It sure as hell wasn't my Brother in Law...

Cerakoted 4 knives and an AR lower-that helped balance out the F@#ktard's doings.

Motomom34, Ganado, Yard Dart and 2 others like this.
  7. hot diggity

Speed limit from end to end on that 13 mile stretch of gravel is 35 MPH. I used to be able to smooth out those washboards at about 70MPH, and the dust accumulation inside the car is about the same, (like you could tell!) but we had a number of deaths along that stretch. I met a guy who survived hitting a stopped log truck and getting his skull crushed, but the biggest trouble is that if you go off the side and break through the root mat, you and your car might never be found.

I set the cruise at 35, which means somewhere between 30 and 40MPH, and just enjoy the scenery.

8. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Man, I love that place, havnt been in years, was sure hoping they were still around! What about Mike's Drive In there on McLaughlin? Or Lews Drive In? Hope those are still around! That' One thing I sure do miss about Oregon, all the good burger and hot dog stands! My all time fave got closed when I graduated high school, Van's out on Sandy in Troutdale, man they had the best damn Burgers around, and killer Rootbeer Floats!

Gator 45/70 and 3M-TA3 like this.
  9. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Didn't break much today & fixed one of those outside patio heaters .
    Converted from NG to LPG , I got @ garage sale for a Senior lady who now can sit outside in warmth & enjoy the View.

This lady is Ms Santa for the kids (Returns Answers the kids letters they post )
    Sloth

10. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I am happy that Al Sharpton is down here in Mobile stirring up the colored folks and causing riots at a Wafflehouse because a drunk and abusive woman threatening employees was wrestled to the floor by policement and arrested. I am about tired of this crap.

11. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Helped another Vet today.
    Gives me a reason to get up each day.

oldawg, Ganado, Gator 45/70 and 4 others like this.
  12. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

She will Gator,trust me she will.

Ganado, Gator 45/70, HK_User and 3 others like this.
  13. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

[LMAO] Enjoying a cup of coffee and laughing while reading posts from members. It is a wonderful way to start the day.

14. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Mike's original location on 224 near McLoughlin is still there as is the one they opened in Oregon City on 7th Street where the old A&W used to be across from the DQ. Both parking lots are jammed full every time I've driven past. Lew's closed, but then re-opened in Estacada, so that has lots of potential for Clackamas River trips. Not many of the old places left. A lot of them were family run and eventually closed when they retired. Still missing my all time favorite, the Bonnie Linn. A wide spot in the road and you waited close to a half hour for your order, but you always left with a BIG smile and knew you would come back soon. Now it's a two story Burgerville. Sigh.

15. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

What made me happy today. A day of pushing my brother around in a wheelchair at the Temple V.A. to find out his cancer numbers have IMPROVED!! Plus they'll now do something about an abdominal hernia he has. Happy,happy, happy.

16. 44044

44044 Monkey+++

My wife of 43 years turned 61 y/o today

She did not marry well...

17. hot diggity

My car, the youngster at only 13 years old, turned over 214,000 miles on the drive home. With their average annual mileage this one and the Mercedes (now above 295K) should both reach 300k at about the same time. And these are my newer cars. ;-)

18. I was diagnosed with Parkinson's about 5 yrs ago. The tremors are VERY aggravating. So far the worst symptoms. Last night I saw Michael J. Fox on tv. His has attacked his speech and he trembles uncontrollably. So I am glad what I have hasn't gotten that bad yet. Sinemet helps.

19. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Back on the roof 2day , I'm completing the panel install , 12,600 Kw install . Body is limber at 10:00 , off @ 13-1400 due to HEAT
    Don't F U or yur broken to dead

Gator 45/70 and Motomom34 like this.
  20. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Happy today? Found out my oldest son got a promotion and a 15% pay raise at his job. And he still gets to do fun stuff.

Plenty to smile over...

1. Motomom34
  2. Andy the Aussie
  3. runswithdogs
  4. Meat
  5. Yard Dart
  6. Motomom34
  7. Bishop
    [img] [MEDIA]
    Thread by: Bishop, Feb 7, 2019, 6 replies, in forum: Back to Basics
  8. Motomom34
  9. Thunder5Ranch