What Made You Happy Today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 3M-TA3, Apr 30, 2018.

1. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Today a small trip to a family farm operation just south of Woodburn called Baumans to get some hanging flower baskets and a few other goodies at their bakery and store. It's a place where you can browse through almost anything that can be grown or baked for hours at a time. A really nice operation that even has a petting farm for the kids. Here is a pix of the store I swiped off the net:
    [​IMG]

On the way back stopped for burgers at a small diner type restaurant called the Burger Hut. Very small, but very good. It's been in operation since 1978 so it almost goes back to the old days. The food, however, is every bit as good as the places I remember that have been gone for decades - shades of the Bonnie Linn... The inside looks like a 50's diner with a Betty Boop and Route 66 theme. Very small, always crowded, and always worth the wait.We left walking slow with big smiles.
    upload_2018-5-5_18-37-35.

GOG, Motomom34, Gator 45/70 and 5 others like this.
  2. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

And IF you did all that with the Ms & Fam , You won the day !!

Me I got one more panel up , If I get a a few B4 the sun comes out IM lucky .
    Heat and brightness is a killer .working on 7-12 hightime 40' and by myself .

Last edited: May 5, 2018
    Motomom34, Gator 45/70 and 3M-TA3 like this.
  3. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

I had turned onto the road to the range and had just gotten back up to 45MPH when I saw a cat run across the road. He was well ahead of me, and I could see he was safe up near one of the houses. Just as I got to the point where he cad crossed the road I see four or five other cats bolt out in front of me. No time to swerve, I hit the brakes and closed my eyes, waiting to hear multiple thumps as I ran over these cats....

...and nothing. Not a sound. I had passed them, and looking back in my mirror I could see them all lined up at the edge of the road looking at me.

I wonder if this is a game they play with every passing car?

4. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Went to the old folks home to see a cousin, This is my 4th trip and finally successful in seeing her!
    She thought I was her ex-husband, Poor thing her mind is going south.
    So I showed her my drivers license and then a light came on, She then knew who I was!
    I told her that her aunt (mom) wanted to talk too her, I pulled out the cell phone and called mom and handed the phone to her, They had a great conversation, I visited with her another 30 minutes and then slipped her a 20.00 for flowers on her daughters grave.
    Later that day mom called me and thanked me for going to the old folks home with my phone and letting them talk.
    I drove home with a good heart as we say!

Witch Doctor 01, GOG, oldawg and 8 others like this.
  5. Cruisin Sloth

Dat -A -Boy @Gator 45/70

Thats what it is ABOUT ..
    I know the feeling & try daily to help.
    Sloth

Good One

GOG, Motomom34, 3M-TA3 and 1 other person like this.
  6. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

Yer a good Son Gator-now pass the Boudin balls..

Gator 45/70, Ganado and Motomom34 like this.
  7. hot diggity

KIMG2386.
    The War Office Miniature Rifle, made by Birmingham Small Arms Company Ltd, to Government Specification. 1906

Last edited: May 7, 2018
  8. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

A few years ago I took the perfect picture of my Dad. He was smiling at me, beer in hand and enjoying life. After many days of searching, today I found the negative. I was so happy. I can make a clear 8x10 for his celebration of life party.

GOG, oldawg, Tully Mars and 5 others like this.
  9. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Today it was ribs... 3 hours @ 300 degrees... My own sauce... Still smiling...
    upload_2018-5-6_18-7-50.

10. Cruisin Sloth

Today I fixed bleachers for the coombs fair grounds . . Moving them last month @ the Farmers auction , showed me rotten wood to broken stiffeners . Bigger job than I thought . 5 hrs I got 2.5 done , ran out of new milled wood . low on 3" screws & out of 5" ones .
    I came back to the ranch & milled 9"wide X 2 " thick 18' long red ceder , planner & trim sides , I round the edges after install ..
    Sloth .

I'll take a Pix & post the fair grounds

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Edit add , I get to use a sun tent for doing the rebuilding , GREAT !! , So hot .
    I'll take Pix , Nothing fancy , but the folks who's A$$ is now going to be safe .

S
    Edit add , Im now in the red barn , Much better with wind , the tent needed to be secured ti the benches Im working on .
    Here are the pix :

This is the 4H fair grounds

IMG_1784.JPG

IMG_1780.JPG

IMG_1781.JPG

IMG_1782.JPG

IMG_1783.JPG

Last edited: May 19, 2018
    GOG, Motomom34, Gator 45/70 and 3 others like this.
  11. hot diggity

I found that I can handle a 1911 better left handed than I can a fork, or spoon. I clearly need more strong-side/weak-side practice with utensils.

12. hot diggity

This picture is the kind of thing that I've found is necessary to END arguments about the legality of emission control devices.
    I can usually sniff them out, because modern car exhaust has little smell. This is how I demonstrate that a catalytic converter has been "modified." If I can stick my air hose through it, it's a bump in the exhaust system and not a converter. This one made my day!
    emissions failure.

Last edited: May 8, 2018
  13. hot diggity

KIMG2390. This always makes me happy!

14. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Continuing my "food makes me happy" meme - enchiladas with dangerous cheese levels
    upload_2018-5-8_18-0-13.
    upload_2018-5-8_17-57-17.
    upload_2018-5-8_17-59-23.

Ganado, GOG, Gator 45/70 and 5 others like this.
  15. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Monkey+++

I'm alive and safely back at my home just in time to get the required amount of sleep to go do it again.

16. Cruisin Sloth

Think WISE , PUSH yourself to an early grave FOR WHAT ? !! There is a HUGE PROBLEM in USA with this ! Kanuck also

3M-TA3 likes this.
  17. hot diggity

KIMG2393.
    First time I've ever seen a sign at a polling place that read "No Democrat on ballot."

18. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

Voted for a conservative for governor and another for county commissioner today.

I started a whole house remodel and I'm taking today off!

19. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Got home from the groc shoppe before the deluge began. (A gen-u-wine road flooding, gutter flushing, arcnsparkin', can't see nutting downpour.) Yeah, I'm dry, which is happiness in this weather.

Gator 45/70 and 3M-TA3 like this.
  20. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Mine was the opposite - unseasonable sunny weather dried out part of my swamperty so I was able to break some things down to take to the dump

1. Motomom34
  2. Andy the Aussie
  3. runswithdogs
  4. Meat
  5. Yard Dart
  6. Motomom34
  7. Bishop
    [img] [MEDIA]
    Thread by: Bishop, Feb 7, 2019, 6 replies, in forum: Back to Basics
  8. Motomom34
  9. Thunder5Ranch
  10. Asia-Off-Grid