What Martial Arts are you into?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AxesAreBetter, Mar 24, 2015.

1. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

Sounds like a combo.

Witch Doctor 01 likes this.
  2. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

I have a shirt that says, "Older Than Dirt"

Dunerunner likes this.
  3. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Any type of weapon is a great equalizer. My last time sparring was with my Gong Fu Sifu. He had me use a training knife and he went empty handed. He is way better than me, but with a knife, he was "killed" many times while I just sustained some strikes.

4. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

I hate belt factories too. Been lucky in that every place I have trained, no belts. Over the past 45 years, I have studied both Southern and Northern Shaolin Kung Fu, My Jhong Law Horn and Wing Chun Kung Fu, Yang, Sun and Wudang Tai Chi, Escrima and Muay Thai. Master of none. But fun to play.

But I mostly practice Mr. Miyagi's "No Be There" technique. It's what I mostly teach my girls. You cannot predict random and crazy. If you see or suspect something, no be there. But be ready just in case. And the other Mr. Miyagi rule... Fighting bad, but if must fight, WIN! If it is my life, or a loved one's, honor takes a back seat. I will gladly fight using my truck. If it isn't life and death, walk away. Many times, that takes more courage than fighting.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
  5. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

That is as I was raised. Walk away from any fight you can, but if you can't walk away, win. My Dad said "it takes more balls to walk away, than to stand there, toe to toe, swinging like a couple of apes."

Hanzo likes this.
  6. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

In my youth I was a big fan of Start Sum Chit and Yu Wana Piecea Mi but now I'm more into No Be There myself. Also practicing the shadow arts of Vanishing Exit and Where Heil Xie Go.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7