What not to do -

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ghrit, Feb 24, 2011.

1. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

in your dining room. Self-explanatory.

Attached Files:

melbo, Seacowboys and BTPost like this.
  2. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

Fuuny, but faked big time!
    I just made another 5# last night!
    Not to worry, it's wet!

3. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Just "Why" do you think it was "Faked".... His explanation of the mixture he had in the foil, is about what I expected when he lite it.... when dealing with Energetics, you really have to know what your doing, and the Dining room Table isn't the place to be using as a test bed....
    This is a case of "Boys and their IDIOT toys" .... or "How stupid can I get, playing with stuff I have no Clue about".....

4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I have an old buddy that also thinks it was faked, says he changed his shirt and the blast lit the lights. I'll give the guy credit for the lights, but the shirt is just charred, says me. More likely, the guy went to clean his shorts and turned the light on when he got back before editing the tape. Cool customer, didn't seem at all rattled. Sure was twitchy before getting started, tho'. My source indicates he's an electronics type ---

Sure did come out of it with raccoon syndrome.

5. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Bet his mom was pissed and damned him to the lowest bowels of the basement for a year........

[fnny]

6. gejoat

gejoat Monkey+

I think it is fake also, gun powder burns, not explodes, I don't think aluminum foil would hold pressure, it would give and burn. Also interesting he had a wick sticking out. I think he would have been deaf and hand burnt if it had been real.. But it does have a story no lighting gun powder or firecrackers in the house.

7. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Faked or not, it's fricking funny!

8. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Just a NOTE, here. If you listened to the guy explain what he was using in his Power Mix, it wasn't "Gun Powder" at all. It was Magnesium Powder, Sulfur, and Potassium Nitrate. This is called Flash Powder, and is a Pyrotechnic. It also, just burns, as opposed to detonating. The real difference is in the volume of Combustion Products released per volume of Powder Mix, and yes, what you see is EXACTLY, what one would expect from the quoted mixture. You can get the same results with common Black Powder. Put it on an open sheet of foil, and it just goes POOF. Wrap the foil around the Powder and you get EXACTLY what that idiot got, POW.... One can substitute Zinc Dust for Magnesium Powder and still call it Flash Powder. This is a very common mix in Firecrackers, and small Pyrotechnic Charges.

9. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

No matter what a person's idea of combustion and explosive powders is, the guy turned the light off just prior to lighting the fuse, and it magically turned on the second the "explosion" took place. Obvious pranks shouldn't be so obvious. Got a chuckle, though.

10. CANDY fISHER

CANDY fISHER Monkey+

YouTube - Home Made Gun Powder

maybe someone turned the light on for him, after all it looked like he looked at someone shortly before turning out the lights. that video makes me laugh so hard every time, its just plain funny!

11. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

No. The lights "turn on" the instant the flash from ignition occurs. Not a coincidence.

Additionally, there is no lingering smoke in the enclosed room.

Powder burn marks on his face, but none on his right hand, which was closer to the explosion.

The fuse wasn't even lit when the powder ignited.

Obviously fake for many reasons.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7