What short memories we monkeys seem to have....

Discussion in 'Politics' started by chelloveck, Mar 26, 2017.

1. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

Many of you know I follow the national debt and have for years. Trump has done one thing others were either afraid to do or unwilling to do and that is start paying of foreign debt. The real time debt clock shows our debt to China and other foreign debt holders finally being paid off. The deficit has slowed to a snails pace of what it was. The overall debt went from 19,956, 000,000,000 in January to 19,858,000,000,000 in three months. I did not think this was possible. He has stalled at least for now the debt hitting 20 trillion. I dont know how they did it but I am hoping this will continue. Im not pleased that his healthcare plan was defeated. The mandate has been killing me. I need to be able to shop other states for insurance. Im stuck in a crappy bronze plan that has a huge deductible and does not pay for my doctor visits or my diabetic test strips. I am forced to buy this or pay the fine. The only saving grace is it saves me money on insulin. Still sucks. I could care less if Trump golfs or Obama golfed. What they in office is what matters. Trump is reducing the public debt, he is cutting government and that is why I elected him.

Gator 45/70 and Yard Dart like this.
  2. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

I see it all now...There seems to be a correlation between the frequency of El Drumpfe's golf playing and reductions in the national debt.:rolleyes: Perhaps if the Trumpster spent more time playing golf, and less time screwing up the Government, the USA might possibly be in the black in no time at all.(y)

Where did you get the notion that the minute reduction in the national debt was due to anything that Donnie boy had effected, let alone affected?? If you are merely relying on Trumplestiltskin's self promoting, self congratulatory tweets as your evidence, perhaps some serious fact checking might be in order.

Trump Seeks Credit for America's Debt Reduction
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/25/us/politics/national-debt-trump.html?_r=0

Analysis | Trump is upset the media is not reporting a meaningless statistic about the national debt

Trump's Right, The Debt Has Fallen $12 Billion - It's Nothing To Do With Trump Though

(Embolding by chello)

So, in summary....tweeting some claims of fake success to his fans, seems to have been swallowed uncritically by many....apparently excreta wrapped in gold foil, tinsel, and glitter does seem to be very acceptable to some of those who voted for him.

3. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Left leaning sources linked.... a come on Chello.... you got sucked into the Fake Media...... [poo]

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  4. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Well it has happened on his watch so he gets credit.

Clinton claimed 8 prosperous years based on the economy set up during the Reagan years. IF it happens on your watch as President, you own it. Regardless of the actual fundamentals.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7