what the "neighbors" are up to...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tango3, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Here's a link toa pretty good thread on the latoc board (financial doom) but it is about the physical preps(stores) taken by one of the financial mods (rdenner) with pictures..Who left a job to stay home andbuild up some stores He;'s not as self sufficiernt as our own lead primates (imho) S. C. and OGM; but the pictures show what can be done in a suburban or apt situation..
    http://www.doomers.us/forum2/index.php/topic,42930.0.html [beer]

2. Cephus

Cephus Monkey+++ Founding Member

He must just be preparing for a family weekend outing in the back yard ,but he'll have plenty of water !!!

3. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Looks like a good well rounded start. I like his well set up, but I am not sure about his high dollar ice maker. I like the little generator he bought, and would use the little genny to run the freezer/refrigerator, and if it was kaput I would just use a AC/DC converter and run the freezer/refrigerator off of a vehicle. I like the greenhouse he put together, went to their website and took a look at it. I have a friend who built one a little larger for a little less money, but I am sure the kit would be easy to put together. It appears as though his canned goods are woefully short in supply, I think the $680 he spent on his little ice-maker would have been better spent on building up the canned goods and long term food supply. Just my opinion though. I like how he is concentrating on all of the different aspects. That being said, I sure would have put more emphasis on canned goods and long term food sources to begin with.

4. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

the "TANGOBOT" has been extremely active lately. Perhaps some virus has infected the TANGOBOT to the point that the TANGOBOT is no longer capable of BOT control. This is a classic case of overactive TANGOBOT...if there was only a Depends for such a case!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7