What to buy

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by oil pan 4, Jun 20, 2020.

1. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I tried the Dillon. Did all my LC and WCC cases, which is the vast majority I can do the rest with the rcbs for now unless I go on another 5.56 mining expedition.
    I recommend the Dillon for doing high volumes.
    The rcbs is fine if you don't do a lot of crimped or staked primers and it's less than half the price and does everything as is. The Dillon comes setup for 223, if you want to do 9mm or do staked large primer pockets you pay extra to get adaptors. By the time you buy the thing, get the extra adaptors, pay shipping, sales tax you are in it for about $200. Unless you shoot a shit load of milsurp 308 or 30-06 and that's where all your brass comes from I wouldn't bother with the large primers.
    But I dont see why it wouldn't work with 9mm using the 223 setup. 9mm is like play dough in a swager.
    Screw the Dillon to the edge of a 2x6 or 4x4 and swage primer pockets while watching fox news.

2. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Bullets.
    I see full Metal jackets making a good comeback and they are on sale a lot of places. Match bullets are making a comeback, not very many on sale.
    Some hunting bullets are available, the gougers are straight up giving up on selling the widely available ones at gouge prices.

mechstdr and Gator 45/70 like this.
  3. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

AR parts. Even gougy fedarm dot com has stripped lowers for $53. I say get a few stripped uppers because I think the aft will move to make the upper a "firearm" too.
    It always made more sense for the upper to be the firearm. But knowing the shit they pull they will push to make both a firearm.

4. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Midway usa dot com has AR stoner sporter uppers for $33 and $34 for black and tan. "Sporter" means no dust cover and no forward assist.
    Oh and it appears that the atf will move to redefine the upper as a firearm too sometime in the next 2 months.

5. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Everyone get out your number etching pen

mechstdr likes this.
  6. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I ran about 200 crimped Korean PSD cases through the RCBS primer pocket swager. Yeah that kinda of suxks.
    It's not bad for 9mm as only about maybe 10% of range pickup 9mm brass is crimped or staked. With commercial domestic ammo coming back staked primers are becoming even Less common on 9mm.
    Get the dillion. It comes already setup for 223.
    The RCBS is cheap and fine for low volume crimped/staked primers.
    But still about 90% of the 223/5.56 brass I pickup is staked or crimped and I need that dillion.

Also the Lee progress press is on sale for $250 at midway, with free shipping.
    Now of you want to go from fired cases to live ammo in one go round, don't get the Lee, it sucks. But if you are like me and would only use it to process fired brass to get it to a deprimed, sized and flared state and like to wash and hand prime cases it will work great. I may set it up to seat and crimp when loading pistol hollow points.

7. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Deal of the day is on midwayusa dot com, AR stoner A3 style (flat top), stripped upper with dust cover tabs, forward assist, $49.
    Lots of dust here, kind of need a dust cover.

8. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

The deal every day for .224 and .355 bullets is RMR.
    Deal of the day is at midway USA dot com. Normally I refrain from buying any 9mm bullets from midway USA dot com and buy all my 9mms from RMR.
    Midway was gouging the shit out of 9mm bullets (and ammo too if they had any) during the plandemic.
    But RMR doesn't make a 147gr 9mm HP, they make a 147gr FMJ that is perfect.
    Midway has 147gr Hornady xtp 9mm bullets on clearance for 20 cents each with free shipping for the moment, no limit. Hell 20 cents for a 147gr xtp is preplandemic pricing.
    I doubt the 9mm 147gr xtp is going away, they are probably purging the 100 packs for 250s or 500s or its just a 100 count packaging change over.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  9. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

9mm bullets are cheap, just about giving them away. The 9mm 147gr Hornady hollow points are back and 25 cents each. About as cheep as I have seen them in nearly 3 years.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  10. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I had several sub 16 inch ar15 "rifle caliber" barrels in my cart at midway USA dot com and I hadn't been on there since probably some time in September.
    I know right.
    None had gone "out of stock" and several of them had been marked down 10% to 15%.
    So word is out about the aft miracling all the AR pistols into SBRs.
    So now is the time to buy any short boys you were thinking about.
    I want to build a short boi with about an 11.5 inch mid length with an A pillar, proper carry handle and a real no shit xm177 silencer. I'll run 2 tax stamps on one gun I don't give a fupk.

Gator 45/70 and CraftyMofo like this.
  11. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

147gr xtp bullets are down to $28 for 100 on midway. Cheapest i have seen them in a long time.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2023
    Gator 45/70 likes this.
  12. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

What ever guns you wanted before the plandemic maybe start looking for them again.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  13. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

It looks like people who horded up all the reloading components during the plandemic are starting to sell them now that loaded ammo is available.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  14. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

9mm (.355") | RMR Bullets

CraftyMofo and BTPost like this.
  15. CraftyMofo

CraftyMofo Monkey+++

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  16. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  17. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Always go to rmr first.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  18. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Why yes I have, Very good service for me so far.

19. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I'm an rmr simp too.

20. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Hornady xtp bullets are almost back to preplandemic price. Bullets, not ammo, I don't bother with ammo prices.
    That is all.

Gator 45/70 and CraftyMofo like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7