What to do with a dead cat?

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by Seacowboys, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Has anyone here ever eaten a cat? They seem like pretty much a useless animal and feral cats are taking over in a few areas so I was wondering if they can be eaten and if so,how you cook them? I know some of our Coonass friends probably got recipes for Boudin or gumbo or something. maybe Kitty-dumplings? or House-cat pie? What kind of wine would one serve with Fluffy?

Motomom34 likes this.
  2. KAS

KAS Monkey+++

ok im not 100% ive eaten it but we had sever cats in the bisso yard the we bought the b350 with a fillipino crew and the cat population went down alot... so i say it is good and sweat n sour is the way to go .... with rice of course!!!!!!!

Motomom34 likes this.
  3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Definitely edible. Cooking, well I don't know how, but you won't know what it is unless you ask.

4. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

When I was working for the city, I and our animal control officer went to the next town for lunch at the Chinese restaurant. We thought it'd be funny to drive over in the animal control van. Went inside and she asked, while wearing her ACO uniform, where they wanted their delivery.

We ended up eating at McDonalds that day.

Motomom34 and Seacowboys like this.
  5. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

I've only eaten ***** o_O (young kittys)
    It's not the cooking/warming up , but the catching.

All kidding bedside, there's minimal meat on wild critters. The rabbits around here have less than Buffalo wings.

Couldn't pass up !!
    Sloth

6. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Bait man,Bait !!!
    You can use cut up cat to catch.....Cat fish !!!!

Lol...Not really,But if i had to...hmmm...

7. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

You could have it bronzed, and use it for a door stop, or set platoons of them up for target plinking. If you cut 'em up small, and dried them, then spread them around, they'd be kitty litter. :oops: You could make slippers out of them and go pussyfooting around the place. Plant them in the garden and see if you can grow pussy willows, or cat tails. You could grind them up and mix them with clay for bricks and build your own cat house. You could process them into dog food, and call it "meow Mix". You could keep one in your pocket with a piece of an old sweater to rub for a spark as a fire starter. You could use them for "mousers" on sunken ships. Why, the list is endless....;)

8. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

If you see Beaudreau headed up the bayou with a pirogue loaded with pu##sy willow and he says they are bait...........................FOLLOW HIM!

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  9. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

It aught to be a hit in the hunting camp. Simply mix equal parts fresh cleaned cat and rabbit, prepared with veggies in gravy, served hot, and call it "pussy hare stew". Yup, the possibilities are endless. ....lol

Gator 45/70, ditch witch and oldawg like this.
  10. -06

-06 Monkey+++

LOL, bunch of sick puppies here. Like the sign in a Chinese restaurant : "No, have not seen your cat". Years ago my uncles buds sold a cat to the train station manager for a raccoon. He found out that he had been hoodwinked and from then on he had them leave the feet on their prizes. He must have enjoyed the kitty--lol. Like the old joke--a lion is dangerous but a little "kitty" never hurts.

11. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

6330_95976757869_918453_n.
    6330_95976757869_918453_n.

Motomom34, ditch witch and KAS like this.
  12. -06

-06 Monkey+++

That is good WD. Ever wonder why you do not see stray dogs/cats around Chinese restaurants???????

13. kellory

download.

14. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Damn you folks are wasteful.
    dehaired hides can be used for banjo heads
    intestines can used as a decent thread or leader (cat gut)
    stomach can be used as a water vessel
    bones can be used as lance points and fish hooks
    claws make excellent needles for suturing if you thin their guage out a bit.
    spinal bones can be used to make a primitive necklace after you boil them in your soup along with the organs
    plus you have meat.

Waste not, want not.

15. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

Calories and protein are the name of the game. Which puts cat as a gourmet meal and bugs the low end of it.

16. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Everything is edible as long as you have enough hot sauce. I've got cases of the stuff!

Motomom34 likes this.
  17. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

Actually I have it on good authority that if you tie a string to it's tail, it's suitable payment to get your fence whitewashed.

Wait no, that's a rat... BUT, you can cure warts with a dead cat provided a politician has been recently buried in a graveyard near you.

oldawg and Seacowboys like this.
  18. KAS

KAS Monkey+++

they are great for putting in Crab traps also ....
    and im sure if you have it hanging on a line about 16 or 18 inches above the water with a nice size hook u will catch a gator in the Dirty South ...
    Den u just choot em

19. kellory

Politicians don't die...they just start campaigning in a new district.

20. quarter it and brown in bacon grease with chopped green onions using a cast iron Dutch oven add a large crushed clove of garlic. Add turnips, carrots, and other root vegatables. Add two cups of red wine, cover with hot coals and bake for two hours. Makes my mouth water just thinking about it! I'll come help you cook it! I Love Cats!
    Yeah, I know mooses are supposed to be herbivor but This moose likes his meat.

VisuTrac likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7