what to do with the corpse

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by aardbewoner, May 17, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

I agree. Your choice of the appropriate signage posted around the area, with a number of convincingly looking mounds of dirt, would certainly make people think twice before entering the area.
    4. 3. virus-detected. 1.

Sapper John and Gator 45/70 like this.
  2. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Incinerators abound here in the country....

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Scoop up some road kill and burn it. You'll rethink that plan soonly ----

Gator 45/70 and T. Riley like this.
  4. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

I will not leave dead bodies around for any reason, friend, kin or foe. Nor do I want to have to eat a hog that may have been feeding on corpses. Either bury it or move it far away. And make sure you have the proper attire to protect yourself while doing so. It will be an unpleasant task but someone better be trained, supplied and ready to do it.

Tully Mars, tacmotusn, Ganado and 2 others like this.
  5. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

There are at least 3 folks I personally know within 1.5 miles of my place with either a backhoe or front end loader on their tractor. I can only assume in a post SHTF situation they could be convinced for the good of all to come together to dispose of corpses. We also have 2 cemeteries within 5 miles and in lieu of that several farms or power line cuts with plenty of open areas for new burials. I should probably look into the closest crematorium. Post hurricane I have seen debris disposal fire trenches dug inline with prevailing winds (aprox 8 ft deep x 8ft wide and 40ft long with tapered incline entrances to trench on both ends for air feed to fire). The heat generated by these trenches was intense but mostly directed straight up. Large front end loaders with buckets or claws were used to dump wood debris from one side or the other depending on wind. My educated guess is a similar trench could be used first with wood and then as a make shift crematorium, adding wood then bodies, then wood, repeating as necessary until all bodies are disposed of. This would be a post mass kill or disease prevention measure.

Gator 45/70, Tully Mars and T. Riley like this.
  6. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

I don't think the well idea is a good one because of possibly introducing disease into the water table. Better to burn or bury. imho

7. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I believe burning is probably the better method of disposal no mater how unsavory it may seem .
    Second method is lime, which I am told supposedly dissolves every thing eventually.
    The one important thing, few practice, is record keeping .
    Old methods of photography are all but vanished , a good reason to hold on to modern methods of photography. but for the sake of record keeping a hard copy photo would be good to keep with the remains ,in the event history has something to teach the future generations if any survive .
    People had their pictures taken in the 1800s , some realizing they were pioneers in their field , what ever it was .
    There are volumes of pictures of war torn parts of the world that give us reminders and can influence our thoughts and decisions.
    you might take these media for granted, and leave it to some one else, but there's is the version of history that will be remembered.

Gator 45/70 and tacmotusn like this.
  8. Witch Doctor 01

We use them to burn hogs and chickens... it's normal around here... nothing to think about.... a commercial incinerator is a crematorium by another name.... no sweat.... I have one we use for poultry...

Gator 45/70 and tacmotusn like this.
  9. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Without stretching the point too far, we are talking post SHTF, are we not? Will there be fuel for the "proper" incinerators or crematory? If there is, and the post life carcass can be taken there, the commercial units are without question, the right thing.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  10. Witch Doctor 01

If we are concerned with the fastest most sanitary way to dispose of a body post SHTF an Incinerator is needed... The reason for burial in a six foot grave is that it limits the ability of animals to sense and dig up the body. Using the term shelter leads on to believe that stay time might be a factor. If it is and you feel that your shelter is secure feel free to toss them into body bags and store the for future removal digging and burning with wood are both labor intensive and may work well in conditions where you are not worried about food or fiving your self away. The best move might be if you could place the remains in an air tight vermin proof container like a 55 gallon plastic barrel with a locking ring.

44044 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  11. Lone Gunman

Lone Gunman Draw Varmint!

Not exactly. It's always best to rake out the pig pen, and shovel up the hog poop. Take the wheelbarrow over to the chicken yard and 'broadcast' the fertilizer around the yard. That way anything the hogs don't quite digest the chickens will quickly 'reprocess' for themselves.

I once watch a herd of about 30-40 swine devour the body of a dead horse—Amazing! Absolutely amazing! After that I was extremely careful not to lose my footing on the back of the tractor cart, and fall over the fence into the trough while I was slopping the hogs.

There's utterly no mercy inside of a pig pen; but it'll be quick, though! :eek:

Last edited: May 22, 2018
    Gator 45/70 and Ganado like this.
  12. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

Yup
    SSS

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  13. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

lol....

Tully Mars likes this.
  14. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

How would you know what a human taste like ??

15. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

That’s sick, don’t mess with my bacon,I like my hogs on pure corn feed at least a month before slaughter and then bled out real good. My daddy would shoot to stun the hog and then would stick them and let their heart pump out until it quit. Was very good.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7