What we can expect to happen of we go to war with Iran?

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by Dusty308, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

Don't forget Saudi Arabia. Iran's dying for a reason to wipe the Saudi's off the map about as much as they'd like to Israel.

2. larryinalabama

larryinalabama Monkey++

It does seem odd to fight for other peoples freedom while destroying our won freedoms.

fedorthedog, oldawg and ColtCarbine like this.
  3. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

I work in Saudi and I can tell you that the only place this gets any press is in the Western media. People here couldn't care less about Iran. They have as many nukes as Saddam had. The only thing they are known for around here is hot air. They won't f with the Saudi's.
    The only people to fear this blatant fear mongering is the US people when it is used as an excuse to steal more freedoms and constitutional rights from us. All in the name of fighting terror of course.

So if I was to respond to the OP's question I would say we can expect Patriot Act 3, 4 and 5. enormous increases in the budgets of "critical" security organizations ie; Homeland Insecurity, NSA, CIA, Joint Task forces, TSA, etc. All to protect us from the big bad boogey man of course.

Pass the kool aid please [booze]

4. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

I like black cherry kool aid.

5. Pyrrhus

Pyrrhus Monkey+++

I'm going to cut the military. Next April will see one fewer Marine officer.

Make that June. Out of nowhere, I just got deployment orders for 1 year. I guess that means my wife is about to get pregnant again.

Gafarmboy likes this.
  6. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

You know...A certain elite fraction of the Navy may or maynot have boarded an offshore platfrom in the Gulf of Mexico and ask about how to disable one..That is the end of my story...

7. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

* Saudi Arabia

Having Medina / Mecca within Saudi Arabia's borders is a bit like having a Starwars defence system. Any country that invades / attacks Saudi Arabia and threatens Medina/Mecca is likely to be toast, by much of the rest of the Islamic world. IT will be a gathering of Sunni fatwas and jihadists...against the Iranian majority Shia's.. All that will be needed of the west is to sit back and let the Sunnis and Shias slug it out. The big downside to that bunfight is that the price of oil is going to go through the roof...and that is when already stressed economies will start to turn belly up..and so the house of cards will start disintegrating...

Who says I'm a pessimist! Best to see to your preps, and live your life as you plan to do. Nothing to do to alter the course of events over there....that's all in the hands of Allah! ; )

Gafarmboy, ColtCarbine and tulianr like this.
  8. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

I know from SW other nations in the region have noticed. Or they reported it on their English language news.

9. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

I'm not saying it's not noticed or reported just not ad nauseum like the western media. It isn't a frequent topic of conversation. Chelly is right about attacking SA. It would bring all the gulf nations together to stomp the Persians back to their borders. They are not well liked in this region. And don't dare call it the "Persian" Gulf here!!LOL. You will get corrected quickly, it is the "Arabian" Gulf!

ColtCarbine and tulianr like this.
  10. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

Surprised they needed to ask considering they drew up plans for just such a task for Operation Praying Mantis. But I suppose a lot could change in platform design in 24 years.

11. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Just another Tactical Exercise, to help train the Teams, Newbies, by actually Seeing the Hardware, as it is in the Real World.

12. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

New weapon's..New approach...and...How would you guy's do it...? The fastest way...? The end...

13. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

larryinalabama likes this.
  14. Falcon15

15. Nadja

Nadja RIP 3-11-2013 Forum Leader

Hope everyone is pretty well set with their preps. This could be the trigger the Iranians have been waiting for.

16. Falcon15

The story has broken on Bloomburg among other MSM outlets. Checking the Iranian outlets to see what their initial reaction is. Long of the short, eyes on US soil as well. They have threatened targets here and abroad...

17. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

Only one reason to ask a rig worker how he'd do it... make it damage itself so it looks like an industrial accident malfunction/human error and SEAL's were never there at all.

tulianr and Gator 45/70 like this.
  18. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Rooters sez

WASHINGTON, Feb 6 (Reuters) - President Barack Obama tightened sanctions on Iran another notch, the White House said on Monday, targeting its central bank and giving U.S. banks new powers to freeze assets linked to the government.

Second source says nearly the same:
    WASHINGTON — Additional U.S. sanctions on Iran are more significant for their timing than their immediate effect on Iran's economy, coming as the United States and its allies are arguing that Israel should hold off on any military strike on Iranian nuclear facilities to allow more time for sanctions to work.
    The U.S. ordered tough new penalties Monday to give U.S. banks additional powers to freeze assets linked to the Iranian government and close loopholes that officials say Iran has used to move money despite earlier restrictions imposed by the U.S. and Europe.

The mid-east outlets have a lightly different take :

US President Barack Obama has ordered the freezing of Iran's property under American jurisdiction, including that of the country's central bank, the White House said.
    The US and its allies are pressing hard over Tehran's controversial nuclear programme.
    Terming them "additional steps" against Iran, Obama ordered all property and interests in property of the government of Iran as well as the republic's financial institutions under US jurisdiction including the Central Bank of Iran, to be "blocked and may not be transferred, paid, exported, withdrawn, or otherwise dealt in", Xinhua quoted a statement as saying.
    The property of people determined to have links with those already under US sanctions was ordered to be frozen as well.
    Obama said the move aimed to counter the "deceptive practices" of Iran's central bank to conceal transactions of sanctioned parties, the deficiencies in Iran's anti-money laundering regime and the weaknesses in its implementation, and the "continuing and unacceptable" risk posed to the international financial system by Iran's activities.

I guess where you stand affects your view. No matter the take, this has ratcheted up the tensions.

See Bee Eees (cbs) reports
    Top United States intelligence officials had a dire warning for Congress on Tuesday; that Iran would likely launch terrorist attacks on U.S. soil as pressure mounts against the regime in Tehran.
    The alarming assessment is making a tense situation even more serious.
    The briefing by the nation's top intelligence officers added another ominous development to the possible showdown with Iran

I'm going to listent he afternoon SW broadcasts, could be interesting.

19. Falcon15

The fact is, Iran has now defaulted on 200,000 tons of rice sitting at their docks, unable to be unloaded, because the rice is unpaid for. Same with their major livestock feed, 40% of which is imported from the Ukraine: maize. Indian commodity brokers are now approaching the Indian government to get assistance in the matter, and have ceased selling Iran rice or other commodities on credit. The US has cut the staple food to Iran off, along with food for their livestock and raw materials for their industries.

In the face of losing 45% of your staple food supply and 40% of your feed supply for livestock, would you stand idly by? This is very significant. VERY. You have to look past just Iranian/US news, and look at their trading partners as well. They are directly affected.

From Rueters:
    Exclusive: Iran defaults on rice payments to India | Reuters

larryinalabama, Alpha Dog and tulianr like this.
  20. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Well Sheet!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7