What we can expect to happen of we go to war with Iran?

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by Dusty308, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

We seem to be assuming that America can opt out of war if the White House can just keep its cool.
    I wish that were true, but history suggests that it isn’t. President McKinley wanted to stay out of Spain’s war in Cuba; he didn’t succeed. President Madison didn’t want a war with Great Britain but the War of 1812 came all the same. Woodrow Wilson hoped to stay out of World War One; the last thing President Truman wanted was a war in Korea, and Lyndon Johnson felt trapped by the war in Vietnam. Obama clearly doesn’t want a war with Iran but if history teaches anything, it’s that you can’t always get what you want.

ColtCarbine and Falcon15 like this.
  2. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

It's hard keeping a war enthusiast out of the bear pit.

That is true, however some Presidents have shown a positive enthusiasm for jumping into war....for whatever flimsy reason would best suit their domestic political purposes....Not looking at anyone in particular, George Junior...trying to keep a populist war enthusiast out of the bear pit is just a little harder than keeping a reluctant one out of it...though having said that, the American people kept America out of combat operations for almost three years in WWI and just over two years during WWII which, all things considered were quite respectable efforts at restraint.

3. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Well, I'd give them a pass on the War of 1812 - you have little choice when a foreign nation BURNS your capitol.

4. chelloveck

It's bad when foreigners assume local's prerogatives.

Fair enough too. Monarchs should really tell their military to not play with matches...the locals really don't like it when their seat of government gets burned down...It is entirely the prerogative of the locals to burn their own seat of government down, not foreigners!

VisuTrac and Redneck Rebel like this.
  5. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

I don't know If O-dumba$$ wouldn't want this or not if done right he could be the white knight to the sheeple if not he can leave office with his original intent of screwing the country. Or even worse he could claim that the country is at war and he's not stepping down. I dont know for sure but I had a older guy tell me that the preident use some order to hold off elections, but Im not sure about that. I think we need to keep our nose out of these countries business. They have been at war from the beging of time and will be at the end of time. I can not understand how some Americans can except the fact of us going into another country and helping over throw that goverment. Whatt would they say if Russia or North Korea came here to help each other over throw our goverment. Same thing we dont agree with our goverment should we allow others to come in and help over throw it. I think we should cut all aid turn our missle defense toward them and tell them we dont agree but it's your country if you make a move we consider to be an aggression toward the US we will kill you all and plant a US flag in your capital then it will be US Property.

bountyhunter and Cephus like this.
  6. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

You gotta be kidding. Our representatives can't handle governing the diversity we have in 51(?) states. How the sam hill do you figure they could govern another land mass? Let 'em burn themselves up once booted back out off our lands if they get stupid and try to invade.

Seawolf1090, Alpha Dog and chelloveck like this.
  7. Alpha Dog

Im just saying if we end up going in blowing it up we will rebuild for them better. I was just thinking if we rebuilt it we should at least own it and maybe get cheaper fuel. That way we atleast get sommething back for our wasted tax dollars.

8. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

40 years ago, I would agree that helping them to rebuild and restructure themselves more in line with a peaceful face to the world would be a good thing. We did that with Japan, most of Europe, and South Korea. The way I see this mess is thru the looking glass of history, and all I see is continuous strife, both within and without their areas of influence. I can't see wasting our treasure trying it one more time; it would just be torn up again from the inside. Looked at Iraq lately? They are sh***ing in their own mess kits as we pull out. About the only thing we might take away from amadipsh**'s forsaken country is oil, and with the natural gas resources we have here and now, I'm not so sure that matters.

I am not in favor of war unless it might affect the US directly. I guess, if I was to look closely, I might decide I'm a closet isolationist.

Alpha Dog likes this.
  9. Alpha Dog

I am not in favor of war unless it might affect the US directly. I guess, if I was to look closely, I might decide I'm a closet isolationist.[/QUOTE]

Oh no I agree 100% I don't think we should get involved unless a direct act of agression. The last place I want to see any of our guys is back in the sand. My point was I think we try and drag things out if they become aggressive we should cut it off right then. The rebuilding of their country should be left to them not US tax payers. I just got a feeling O-dumba$$ is going to drag us back into a conflict that is not any of our business.

10. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

The President can invoke Executive Directive 51 (Continuity of Government AKA PDD 51) in the event of a disaster of catastrophic nature, including man-made (read terrorist attack), at HIS SOLE DISCRETION. Should Executive Directive 51 be invoked, the President takes over all 3 branches of Government, with ZERO oversight by the Congress or Senate. There are 9 regions in the US who are, under PDD 51 to be overseen by a single "regional" governor. The Governors are answerable to the DoD and the President only.

He (the President) would, in effect, become a dictator, and the 9 regions would fall under Governance of a single individual. The President could cancel, or delay elections, until such time as the disaster no longer threatens the structure or continuation of the Government.

Alpha Dog likes this.
  11. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

12. sgt peppersass

sgt peppersass Monkey+

13. chelloveck

The news report

The news report gives a whole new meaning to the term "Men in Black"
    : O

Note that the guy on the right has his eyes on the other two guys instead of the camera...I think he is an informant for the Saudi Secret Police. Duly noted by Mossad no doubt. ; )

14. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

The guy on the left looks like he's thinking, "Geez, Sarge had to cut one NOW...?"

15. Minuteman

Blue Man Group was what came to my mind too!!

16. chelloveck

The Horror...Oh the Horror!

A video clip of Iranian special forces practising with secret non lethal mind disruption weaponry!!! The horror, OH THE HORROR!!! We surrender...WE SURRENDER!!!

Blue Man Group - Drumbone (Last Call Vegas) - YouTube

17. weegrannymush

weegrannymush Monkey+

What do y'all think of Iran's declaration (two days ago? CNN and other stations) that they will be making an important and surprising announcement regarding their nuclear programme, "within a few days". Do you think they are just blowing hot air or???? Kinda got me a bit worried.....who knows what that crazy man has come up with now! Any ideas? Didn't know where to put this post (no suggestions, please, lol) so if I am trolling again, forgive me please!

18. Falcon15

Amajenabutthead's most telling statement in his speech:

19. Falcon15

larryinalabama likes this.
  20. Minuteman

What would happen if Iran did get the bomb?
    Experts say an Iran with nuclear weapons could trigger a regional arms race

Warnings of war or imminent apocalypse over Iran's nuclear program have never been so strident, but experts say a nuclear-powered Iran wouldn't be as dire as many fear.

CSM: What if Iran did get the bomb? - World news - Christian Science Monitor - msnbc.com

I still believe it is much ado about nothing. Some PTB are setting the stage for their own agenda. Trying to mold public opinion.
    ohno

Byte likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7