What would you barter with?

Discussion in 'Back to Basics' started by monkeyman, Sep 28, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Re:#167 item no.2 and #169. Unless it's factory. Taking reloaded ammo in trade could be of questionable wisdom. Trade for it, have the tradee try the ammo in his(her) firearm. Brass, bullets primers and powder,(in original container). If offered a firearm in decent shape, sure. I don't think it's a good idea to allow control of firearms, cartridges, or components out of my control in these situations.

Gray Wolf and Gator 45/70 like this.
  2. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

I'm a firm believer in NOT working any harder than you have to, especially when you can get someone else to do it. If I can make a living while staying cool and dry in the summer, and warm and dry in the winter I'm all for it. To that end, while I believe that farming is necessary in order to eat, I would rather let someone else do it, and many other tasks, as well! Those with skills that are in demand will live an easier life than others. If you can repair/rebuild an engine, weld, are a doctor/nurse/medic, can produce fuel or electricity, make good beer, wine or liquor, are a general handyman, etc. you will have it made. I, myself, can do several things, #1 make liquor/fuel; #2 prepare land for planting with my tractor; and #3 run a country store/trading post/trade day. Making shine, farming and retail sales are in my blood. One of my plans is to operate a country store, with a weekly or bi-weekly trade day for locals and folks that live in neighboring communities. I have already designed a simply store set-up and have the materials needed to construct it....shelves, counter, scales, plastic and glass containers, tarp for a roof, trays and baskets, solar calculators, etc.. I'm going to start working on a list of items to stock the store with, and might even start buying some of the cheaper and easily stored items.

1. arleigh
  2. Asia-Off-Grid
  3. Zimmy
  4. Motomom34
  5. Asia-Off-Grid
  6. arleigh
  7. Legion489
  8. Ganado
  9. hillbill
  10. Thaddius Bickerton
  11. enough
  12. melbo