What ya Drink'n this Morning...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gator 45/70, Jun 6, 2011.

1. greatgeezer

greatgeezer Monkey+++

Coffee, served by the slice.

2. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

I like you too Sea....[tng2]

Seacowboys likes this.
  3. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Maxwell House Dark Roast - just happened to be the cheapest coffee at the local Publix Grocery. Even cheaper than their house brand, and the "Eight O'clock" stuff.

4. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Had my obligatory can of Diet Dr. Pepper, and then washer that down with a quart of Crystal Lite Pink Lemonade... That is my Morning Hydration fix....

5. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

Tis also the death of your renal arteries...

6. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Coffee is pretty good this morning...However,
    it alway's seem's better when the wife make's it and bring's it to you...just say'n...

7. UrbanFool

UrbanFool The Village Idiot

When I quit everything else to join the LDS church, the aspartame went with it (Goodbye diet soda, you were a great friend while you lasted!) So good ol' hot chocolate from the cannery is what we drink. (and sometimes a 5-hour Energy.)

BTPost likes this.
  8. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Powerade Zero, Creatine, and whey.

9. Drumbo

Drumbo Monkey+

In the novel Glory Road by Robert Heinlein, the hero Oscar "E.C." Gordon who had a military background says: "Coffee comes in five descending stages: Coffee, Java, Jamoke, Joe, and Carbon Remover." I prefer Carbon Remover.

I began my coffee addiction in the Navy some thirty-mumble years ago. Due to years of Navy Coffee ("grows hair on your chest"), my delicate taste buds can't tolerate high dollar gourmet coffees with the one exception of the chicory coffee from the Café Du Monde in New Orleans. That stuff rocks, especially at dawn after a night in the French Quarter.

I can't start the day without my coffee and I drink it well into the afternoon, often 6 to 8 cups a day. Coffee is one prep item I haven't skimped on. Quality doesn't matter as much quantity. Perked, filtered or instant - I gotta have it. High octane, high caffeine, lots of sugar and a splash of milk or cream. IMHO, Ben Franklin was misquoted about beer, "Coffee is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy".
    [cof]

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7