What you should really fear

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by RightHand, Mar 28, 2020.

1. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

While Gov. Gina Raimondo announced on Friday that the National Guard would be going door to door in such summer colonies starting Saturday looking for New York residents and reminding them to quarantine to help blunt the spread of the coronavirus, the practice has already started in some border communities like Westerly.

Not 'all that neighborly': Police, National Guard out in Westerly, looking for New Yorkers

Chicago Mayor: Those Who Go Outside To Exercise Risk Arrest
    Chicago Mayor: Those Who Go Outside To Exercise Risk Arrest

Gator 45/70, Dont, Yard Dart and 6 others like this.
  2. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

The slow walk to Martial Law....

Gator 45/70, Dont, Yard Dart and 3 others like this.
  3. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Creepy.

Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  4. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Mike Sadlak's sister lives in CA and is considered an "essential worker." She relayed to us this week that she has to carry authorization papers at all times she is out of her house. That is truly scary.

5. Dunerunner

Now, that ^^^^ is really Creepy....

Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  6. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

I can fully confirm that!
    My baby bro works for one of the YUGE pharma co. in the bay area, and he related the same, he has a windshield sticker that is supposed to get him through any check, but he still has to show his I.D. and a proof letter his employer gave everyone 2 weeks ago!
    He says some areas are much more strict then others, but did say it is all pretty much set up as a precursor to full road blocks/check points! He says the more people that try to go about their business freely, the more the gooberment jackboots will crack down!
    Say good by to freedom!

Gator 45/70, duane and mysterymet like this.
  7. Dunerunner

Gator 45/70, duane and Ura-Ki like this.
  8. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

We are still running and some of our employees live in a bordering state that is under lockdown. They have an essential worker letter to show to the police if they get stopped too.

Gator 45/70, Yard Dart and Ura-Ki like this.
  9. RightHand

Without a declaration of Martial Law by either the president, congress or governor of a state, how can infringement of our rights be abridged in such a manner? If I don't carry "papers," can I be arrested as the Chicago mayor is suggesting? What compels me to "obey" this dictate? Nothing in my judgement. While I agree that we must all act responsibly during this time, for a government or any of it's representatives to require that I need "papers" to exercise my right to free travel is beyond comprehension. And no one seems to be resisting!!!!!!@#$%^

Gator 45/70, SB21, Yard Dart and 3 others like this.
  10. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

have seen many write ups claiming this is the start of greater government control...

saw one that points at the 2 trillion payout as the beginning of paying people to stay home and not work...

and MORE government control???

interesting... this may play out in ways many of us did/do not expect???

11. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

it appears that the areas that have this now are being used as trial runs or preparation for a larger ring fencing.
    I guess they haven't figured that it's already here. And it's spreading.

We've got a huge low cost/subsidized apartment complex probably 7-800 units about 25 miles a way that they pulled a resident that had been confirmed covid but sent home to self isolate last night. He didn't make it. Wonder if he followed the isolation guidelines. Based on the neighborhood .. i'm going to say nope.

just down the street from a super Walmart, Meijers and fast food. And I'm betting that the residents either worked or patronized those establishments. Those stores are on the dividing line between the haves and the havenots.

this is going to be interesting. I'm betting on SE Michigan is going to get some lockdown sooner or later. and the haves are going to bounce out as soon as it's announced.

12. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

.................But, it's for every ones safety, so you must comply, Pretty Please!

As the N.Y. Governor said, he is going to tighten the valve and tighten and tighten and tighten until people comply!

Until they don't! And that's getting closer day by day!
    Their is no legal president for all this, and the "Declaration of an Emergency" even under the Patriot act, does not carry the mechanisms needed to enforce what we are seeing! Rolling out the Guard ( Federalized as they are under POTUS) has the grounds for Martial law in place, so I expect several areas to sound off soon! THAT gives them the authority to do all this, but what about Until then?

Gator 45/70, SB21 and duane like this.
  13. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

And, Cali saw it's first youth death, and what's much worse, he was turned away because he had no insurgence, and by the time he got to the next E.R. it was too late! There is going to be a MAJOR dust up over that one, NO ONE CAN BE TURNED AWAY FOR URGENT CARE, NO ONE!!!!!

Gator 45/70, SB21 and duane like this.
  14. RightHand

And doesn't the term "essential worker" scare the schit out of you?

Gator 45/70, SB21, Yard Dart and 5 others like this.
  15. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Over time, the cost of those full length leather coats is going to skyrocket the total outlay.
    B&W
    [​IMG]

newer, colorized version
    [​IMG]

we are just following the lawful orders from the Governor....

Just in case you think this is something 'new'

[​IMG]
    it is not.

*it took a bit of digging to find the same image (1st photo) but that is the wonder of the goodly universe - with persistence, you can find most anything.

16. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

And Dear Leader Potus has mentioned declaring NYC and nearby areas in NJ and CT along with southern NY counties as quarantine areas, to be enforced. Well, hm. That will be fun to watch the blockade runners go to work. When the cops become numerous enough to block the back roads, the left will get it's wish for one cop per citizen to watch over (and control.)

Gator 45/70, SB21 and Dunerunner like this.
  17. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

TOO LATE!
    Folks are scared and they are streaming out of DFW as well as Houston.
    Going to the little towns they use to turn their nose up at.

Overloading what little health care there is and acting as if it they do not have to abide the laws as they are "running scared" and they have NEEDS!

Glad I live on a very long dead end road.

Gator 45/70, SB21, duane and 2 others like this.
  18. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Yes, yes it does.
    We are making yet another class of citizen.
    I'm waiting for the neighbors call into the system to start reporting their neighbors as non-essential and covid positive.
    91284444_1365842210288477_2042525749776220160_o.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
    Gator 45/70, SB21, HK_User and 4 others like this.
  19. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Davita, my friend's dialysis provider gave us a letter in the event we needed it to pass a blockade.
    I was thinking of possibly getting one from her primary doctor as well.

Gator 45/70, SB21 and HK_User like this.
  20. duane

duane Monkey+++

Maine has locked down the beaches and state parks, making 2 nd home owners self limit, so much for bugging out, too late in most cases. Most of freedoms are gone, if you try to claim them as rights, you will be a troublemaker and the kangaroo court system will punish you. Before 9-11, if you had put the loss of gun rights, freedom of movement, censorship, tracking, etc on the Tinfoil hat subsection, you would have been laughed off the forum, now it is on the current events section and usually cross posts to the government or major news organizations.

STAY GRAY

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7