What you should really fear

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by RightHand, Mar 28, 2020.

1. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

We gots No Roads to setup Check Points on, and there ain't enough Stater Troopers to Man them ANYWAY...

Gator 45/70, Tempstar and VisuTrac like this.
  2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

He and the & Governor just got sued in Federal Court for Constitutional Infringement of Rights by a whole Host of outfits including the NRA, CGF, SAF, FPC, and a bunch of Gun Shops in Commiefornia.... They are asking for Immediate Relief by Enjoinment Order...

3. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

I have three letters declaring my folks as essential, due to their construction work on medical and food distribution facilities.
    We are working as best as we can with tight site rules for distancing and such.
    I have 8 jobs under construction, out of the maybe 10 jobs our company is actively working right now.... we just shut down a 200 man job on Friday. Currently, we have over 350 on standby with no work....

Gator 45/70 and SB21 like this.
  4. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

Just read the Home defense folks (feds) stated (also heard by order of the pres) very clearly... gun shops are essential... hmmm

5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Yup, the 9th circuit doesn't have to prove its insanity, the case is moot.

6. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Yes, in some areas you might be arrested and placed in jail with a bunch of other "constitutional lawyers" and be exposed to the Wuhan Flu! IS IT REALLY WORTH IT? I have my papers, they were handed out at work, and I keep them in my car in case of a lockdown/ curfew. Y'all are just jealous cause some of us are essential and some aren't.

Got to admit that the uniforms were way cooler back in the day!

As long as it's just New Yorkers, I can live with it!:)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2020
    SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  7. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

I have been declared essential and am free to travel.. Got no place to go right now.
    The county deputies have said they are not going to be stopping anyone..

Gator 45/70, Yard Dart and SB21 like this.
  8. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

I'm a little on both sides of this issue. I have my Critical Infrastructure travel and fuel papers, but I would attempt to travel for my job even if I didn't.( Not on a high horse here: I am manning a transmitter facility alone until this is over.) I believe if everyone had sucked it up and stayed home two weeks ago we would be in a different place and most of this would be unnecessary. We know people are stupid and even in the face of something that could potentially kill them, they can't be troubled to alter their lifestyle a bit for the good of all. I do not believe this is leading to Martial Law, but I fully expect areas to be locked down on a state level. They have to, because they are areas full of sheep.
    The stimulus checks? I can not see anything evil about them. I just gave (not loaned) a neighbor $200 to go get some food. They have both been out of work for two weeks now and are staying home as asked. I imagine there are plenty like them out there and the money is running low. The government can't afford to pay everyone to stay home, and I wonder how they will pay for this. My guess is a new round of tax hikes after this is all over.
    The Guard troops? Remember that most states have a State Guard that is under the control of the Governor of that state. Then there is the Army National Guard, which is under Federal control. I have seen State Guard deployed after hurricanes as an aid to law enforcement to block roads, but none were ever issued ammunition. When we see armed ANG troops it will be time to worry.
    For right now, they can all pound salt. Virginia has shown them that we the people won't just roll over and take it.

SB21, Gator 45/70, Dont and 1 other person like this.
  9. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Actually usually the national guard is under the control of the governor for this type of thing. They still are even though the feds said they would pay the states for the cost of it. Now the .gov has just signed something allowing for the activation of the reserves. Reserves are under federal control. We take no oaths to a single state governor. This might get interesting although I am guessing only medical and logistic units will be called up for how. (Only a guess on my part).

10. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Slippery slope Wildbilly.
    Once people deem it ok that it's not them but another group/region/culture/creed, it's a downhill spiral.

11. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

My job is considered essential services as well. It's becoming, I need to see your travel papers comrade.

Dont and Gator 45/70 like this.
  12. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Alabama shut down all non-essential businesses; gun shops, State own Booze Markets, grocery stores, Pharmacies can stay open during limited hours provided a limited number are allowed inside. The single thing that frightens me most, is the Fed taking some serious bonds to print more worthless money and people being gullible enough to think this is real money. let's see how many packs of chewing gum a hundred dollar bill will buy in a few weeks,

SB21, Yard Dart, Gator 45/70 and 3 others like this.
  13. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Nothing more chilling than the words, "Papers! .....Please!" spoken with a heavy German accent, although the Soviet, "Papers!... Comrade" comes close!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
  14. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Sea, I sure as hell hope it's a lot lot longer than that before we ever see hyper inflation.

Gator 45/70 and mysterymet like this.
  15. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Neighbor just came by and borrowed my burner for his crawfish boil tonight....
    Seems I might be eating mudbugs later today?
    This is deemed essential here....I guess,But we don't ask permission from no-one!

SB21, Yard Dart, Alf60 and 3 others like this.
  16. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Gator, you might want to rethink your cavalier attitude...this shit is serious! You might have done better by pointing a shotgun at that neighbor and reminding him of the need for social distancing!

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  17. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

We boil our crawfish?
    Now I can't say how let's say...Other people cook theirs or use em'for bait?

Cruisin Sloth likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7