What's for breakfast? (roundup?)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OldDude49, Aug 15, 2018.

1. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

Claims are being made... a questions I have is who decides how much is safe... and how do they come to that conclusion...

is any of it safe?

NOTE: they said agent orange was safe... my rather nasty heart attack is agent orange related...being compensated for it from the VA now...

seems it was a special type of heart attack... now I got to takes drugs to avoid another...

and I'm fairly healthy for my age... so... who decides and how?

FBN's Ashley Webster on Bayer shares' falling on news a California jury ordering the company's newly acquired Monsanto unit to pay $289 million for not warning of cancer risks from the company's weed-killer Roundup.

Days after a California jury awarded a school groundskeeper more than $289 million in damages after he claimed Monsanto’s best-selling weedkiller Roundup gave him cancer, the controversial ingredient – glyphosate — has been detected in popular kids’ breakfast cereals, including Cheerios, Lucky Charms and Quaker Old Fashioned Oats, according to an activist group.

Lab tests conducted by the left-leaning Environmental Working Group (EWG), a nonprofit advocacy group that specializes in toxic chemicals and corporate accountability, indicated almost three-fourths of the 45 food products tested detected high levels of glyphosate, which has been identified as a “probable carcinogen” by the World Health Organization in 2015.

But makers of the foods EWG tested said they and their suppliers operate within U.S. government safety guidelines and dismissed the group's findings as irrelevant.

[​IMG]
    However, many EWG scientists consider levels higher than 160 parts per billion of glyphosate above the safety threshold for children.

What’s more, about one-third of the 16 samples made with organically grown oats also had glyphosate, but at levels below EWG’s benchmark.

sources for report....

Roundup ingredient found in Cheerios, Quaker Oats, and other cereals

Breakfast With a Dose of Roundup?

Asia-Off-Grid, Hanzo and Gator 45/70 like this.
  2. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

I do not allow any chemicals to be used on the farm. Truly organic materials only, are allowed. I asked Chan to get them to stop using bug sprays, as well, when we first began staying here part-time. Since we moved here full-time, I've found a few other things they did that should stop - burning strips of rubber to get fires started, was one. I'm no tree hugger. But, I don't want to destroy where we live, either.

Roundup is something I would never allow on the farm, for sure.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  3. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I used Roundup for the 1st time in my life this year. Just trying to kill weeds in a ditch that I didn't want to climb in to run the weed eater. Then got to thinking about it , I'm just spraying that stuff onto the ground and into my water supply. And , the other day, I figured I won't be using it anymore , because I'm going to try and start raising Bee's next year , so I've got a 50 dollar bottle of this stuff that I'm not going to use and don't want anyone else using as its killing off our bee's , and possibly other useful insects.

Zimmy, Gator 45/70 and Asia-Off-Grid like this.
  4. Used to poo-poo this stuff 'till I read Rachael Carson. Gettin' old myself, don't know if I'll last long enuff for the lasting effects to kill me before I die of terminal old age. Had some exposure to farm chemicals growing up. Mostly herbicides. Industrial chems at work. Dr's haven't found anything traceable to chems. Only thing bothering me right now is Parkinson's like disorder. Even if global climate change is independent of human causes, we don't have to right to pollute at will. God should have been interpreted as saying stewardship of, not dominion over the earth.

5. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Yea,,,I'm waiting on some kind of cancer or Parkinson's to hit from all that contaminated water I drank out of Camp Lejuene back in the 80s.

Dont and Zimmy like this.
  6. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

That makes sense because it is in the wheat seed.

7. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

Was there in the 70's.. It is curious that no other military bases had this problem or I just have not heard about them..

SB21 likes this.
  8. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  9. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

Aren't there versions of GMO corn that produces it's own glyphosate?

10. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

IIRC the word used in the original means "pretty much" stewardship...

and has more meaning then either dominion or stewardship...

as usual men change things... and meanings... to suit their personal agenda... much too often...

but then... there was a time when none but priest could read the Book...

again... men... with a personal agenda...

11. If you will excuse the use of this word, AMEN

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7