what's the best state to live in?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tango3, Jan 24, 2007.

1. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Could always move to Califoronia![LMAO]

While employment, especialy in rural areas, isnt what one might like, I figure MO isnt to bad. Weather is moderate compared to a lot of areas (and if you dont like it just wait 15 minutes and it will change), soil is excelent for growing crops and grazeing critters, hunting and fishing is pretty decent, cost of living and land especialy rural is pretty good and we have a good CCW law and working on a castle doctrine law, have SOME protection from land grabbers and aside from no silencers allowed even with Fed stamp the gun laws are pretty decent.

OUtside of MO I would most likely look at Texas, Idaho and Oregan from the things I have heard and if it werent for the weather would LOVE the idea of Alaska.

2. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Still on the East Coast, literally on the water....
    Circumstances, and an ailing parent...
    This is not my last move.

Looking hard at either Tx or Tennessee....

Tennessee has been a place I love for a long time, for many reasons....
    Still not sure about this living where water freezes....but if I have learned anything in these trips around the Sun..it's that life is tough..but I'm tougher...

Interesting reading...

And I used to have a permanent residence in the state Sea and MM talked about...understood.

Thanks y'all...

3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Sounds like me to a degree, raised in Matawan NJ. Still have inlaws and outlaws in Berks County.[touchdown]

4. ghrit

Would that be the state of confusion, just like most of us?[LMAO]

5. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

born in passaic ( north) raised in Jackson,/lakewood/ area)...

6. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Better yet, come to Texas and help us reinforce what we already have. Our borders for one.

7. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Bump to see if everyone still feels the same 3 yrs later.

8. SLugomist

SLugomist Monkey++

State of Denial

9. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Yo' delirium here!

10. fortunateson

fortunateson I hate Illinois Nazis!

Washington DC ?
    Brooklyn NY?
    Chicago Ill?

No, wait DETROIT MI!
    FIND ME A BROKER!

11. gomer

gomer Hooligan

Scratch NY from your lists. It sucks here. One of the worst tax environments for small business owners, gun laws vary from county to county and the state keeps trying to ban ѕһіt like brush guards or tax salt and sugar.

12. ghrit

Yeah, and forget about Marcellus shale gas revenue, they won't let drilling start. NYC thinks it'll contaminate the reservoirs in the Delaware Basin. Damn obbys keep coming out of the woodwork and exhibiting complete and deliberate misunderstanding of anything that might represent progress.

13. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

I have been to your states come see mine.

14. gomer

gomer Hooligan

In the meantime, residents of NYC keep coming up to the tourist villages upstate and dumping sewage and fuel from their boats into other upstate reservoirs that give them water.

You hear about Patterson lamenting his ethics bill? Then he has the nerve to call a radio station and bemoan another Mets loss. After the ethics problems he's been having? Are you kidding me?

15. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

North Florida ain't too bad, compared to many.......

but Northern Georgia is starting to look much mo' betta! I will think hard about retiring up there.

Any further Nawth has too much of that funny frigid white stuff that clogs the roads in the winter.........

[fnny]

16. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

I am never leaving my little slice of heaven in Florida. I am building my bunker to outlast me by many many decades. I will leave only under duress after having been overrun by a savage horde of federales after running out of ammo, or caught in the process of reloading. Viva la Constitution! Viva la Revolution! May Freedom and Liberty and Justice return to this great land forever, as was intended!

17. CRC

Always remember.....

"It is against God's Will to live where water freezes"
    - Pete Roberts -

;)

18. fortunateson

fortunateson I hate Illinois Nazis!

I like that!
    But, I can tell you as a transplanted northerner - 95 degrees and humid - ain't too much better!

19. CRC

Pete Roberts was my dad, who passed away in March...He used to always tell me that; about not living where water freezes...;)
    He left Long Island to move to FL and live on a houseboat...I can deal with Summer for 4 months for what we get the rest of the year...:)

20. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

95 degrees and humid is an excellent excuse to get nakid and frolic in the cool springs and rivers. cept i ain't getting any prettier, only older.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7