What's the Dumbest Thing You Ever Heard From a "Survivalist"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Seacowboys, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

In response to another thread, I have to wonder what the stupidest thing you ever heard a so-called "Survivalist" say? I'll start the ball rolling with the tactical wheelbarrow and hope it doesn't collide with the main battle rifle or the teardrop survival campers.

2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

are you sure that isn't a Tactical Shopping Cart.. your pushing there....

3. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

Stick around.. I say plenty of stupid things ;)

4. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

4 words: Batman in the boondocks.

That statement covers an entire universe of stupidity.

5. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

Ok, here goes then:
    "We'll need to build us a bug out trailer so we can get out of here IF we get overrun".
    Yeah, that's pretty stupid!
    Now consider this part of the "unknown equation..."
    This person not only lives an hour and a half's drive time from ANY town, he also has several travel trailers (being used for "other" purposes) and intends to "head for the hills". The ONLY way to his place is by helo or mountain goat or know the dirt trails (of which there are hundreds), and even then have a "LIFTED" 4 wheel drive truck!
    He is IN the hills now! Any further north and he'd be in Utah!
    Or, try this one:
    1 person has a Generac generator, ( 800-850 watts) and uses it full time for 90 days and cannot understand HOW it could have burned up..( no compression any more) when they also have 15 ( 5 sets of 3 each) solar panels and a slew of batteries!
    Yeah,... that's pretty stupid!

6. BTPost

Good Old Batman would freeze his "Tootles Off" in those tights, should
    he ever venture out in the REAL Boondocks.....[stirpot]

7. Disciple

Disciple Monkey+

[lolol][lolol][lolol]Tactical shopping cart........[lolol][lolol][lolol][lolol][lolol][lolol][lolol][lolol][lolol][lolol][lolol][lolol][lolol][lolol][lolol][lolol][lolol][lolol][lolol][lolol][lolol][lolol][lolol][lolol][lolol][lolol][lolol][lolol][lolol][lolol][lolol][lolol][lolol]

8. snowbyrd

snowbyrd Latet anguis in herba

Hey

Don't make fun of my shopping cart, it has been lifted and has over sized tyres, quick escape down hill!!
    'Can I keep my 'stuff' at your place?'
    'Where is your bug out?'
    These from self professed 'survivalists'. [deadhorse][banghead][smsh]

9. CANDY fISHER

CANDY fISHER Monkey+

beans and rice, thats all I need. I got me a garage full of it.

10. Falcon15

Shoot him in the TOOTLES!
    [kneelsuckers]

11. hank2222

hank2222 Monkey+++

my was at a gunshow when i heard a gentlemen say that with all those mre inside a military base that where i go to bug out after the event ..when asked what is going to do with all those people still there at the base ..he goes iam going to shoot them with a 22.lr in the back of the head ..

12. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Hey now...Throw in some sausage and seasoning..They may be on to something...lol

13. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

I don't need to eat

14. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

^^^lol^^^

15. CANDY fISHER

CANDY fISHER Monkey+

best one........ Im a real survivalist I do not need to store up food I can stay in the mountains all year and eat what I shoot and I do not need no stinking tent. a real survivalist does not need no sissy camping gear. a real man can live off the land just by his wits.

this may be true, not sure but it would suck LOL

16. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

"Jus' gimme a rope, a tarp an a good knife, and I can live anywhere, like I was at home"! "did that in the sonoran desert once for 3 months I did".
    Uh yeah, ok SPORT!
    Next?

17. BTPost

Next time tell him that you have a friend, that lives in a place, where he would be a Popsicle in 24 hours..... [aiw][aiw]

18. Falcon15

Just shoot him in the TOOTLES!
    [kneelsuckers]

19. Airborne Monkey

Airborne Monkey Gorilla Survivalpithecus

You have to be a true old time Survivalist on the various boards to remember gunkid and his tactical wheelbarrow.

I've seen some pretty iffy things over the years. Some things that will really make you scratch your head and ask yourself, wtf?

100 pound BOBs usually get me tickled the quickest. Especially the ones claiming to be able to hump them into mountainous regions of the country to get away from it all.

When people claim they are going to carry a rifle, shotgun and pistol, along with the ammo, in those BOBs ... that's usually kind of funny as well.

When someone types that a good cast iron dutch oven is a must in their BOB always gets a belly laugh or two.

When I see a picture of some mall ninja on a survivalist forum in all black tacticool attire from head to toe complete with black beret and two drop leg holsters toting a M4 with a ninja sword slung across his back ... saw that not too long ago.

When I read where somebody plans on having a harem post shtf.

When I read where someone plans on having a shootout post shtf, or being able to single-handedly fend off a band of roving zombies.

When I read where someone plans on magically being able to go out and kill all the wild game necessary for an extended period of time to feed the family and the rest of the posse.

When I read someone claiming that living in the city post shtf is a far better option than living in the country ... because of all the readily available resources don't you know.

When I see someone claiming a Leatherman tool to be a better knife in the woods than a good old fashioned well made camp knife or chopper.

When I see someone who thinks they are prepared because they have an extra case of Ramen noodles and twenty gallons of clorox stored away in a closet for purifying water.

20. kritterbigfoot

kritterbigfoot Monkey++

i dont stock up anymore, my closet is full.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7