What's the worst gun you ever owned

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by GrandpaDave, Nov 17, 2011.

1. GrandpaDave

GrandpaDave Monkey++

Two things all gun nuts like to do...
    Brag about our favorite toys...
    and
    Bitch about those things that disappointed us...

So here's your chance to tell us about the weapon that makes you cringe whenever you hear the name...

For me it was this Intratec TEC-9
    I did like the look of it but guess what... in two handed shooting your forced to grip the mag... which will either pop out of the gun after a few shoots or if your not careful, will set too deep in the well... blocking the bolt and then it's a bitch to get back out....

but it looked cool...[gun]

300px-Kg99.

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Winnie M-77. Love the idea, but can't get it to feed or eject reliably. Must be why I got it for cheap.

3. GrandpaDave

GrandpaDave Monkey++

Ya know I never had one come into the shop...
    I've had people call me up and ask what their worth...

of course that tells me they dont like it enough to keep it...

4. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

A Winchester 94 in 30-30 purchased new for $64.95 at a K-mart in 1971 in Tampa Fl. I bought it in the lead up to Gun Deer season, bought a couple of boxes of 170 grain soft flat tips, and took it out to try it out. I have serious doubts about being able to hit the inside of a barn if standing inside the barn. My luck, if a window or door were open my shot would fail to hit a wall. Truth is I had two or three one gallon milk jugs which I filled with water and sat about 25 yards away. With 5 shots I failed to break a single jug. Before you lay all this back on me, I have been shooting since 9 with a rifle (not a bb gun) and had made meat very often. I was pure hell on groundhogs out to 200 yards with a scoped .22.
    To further state my abilities, the first time I was given the opportunity to shoot a M-14 with open sights for Marksmanship quals in the military, we shot at a 200 yard national guard range, and had a pretty steady 20 knot cross wind. I shot expert my first try.
    The problem with accuracy with that particular Winchester 94 in my opinion, was not me.
    I sold it to the first guy to give me $50. I was completely up front with the guy I sold it to. I told him where and when I bought it, and that I didn't like the way it shot. I told him I couldn't hit squat with it. He even got almost 2 boxes of shells to go with it. (35 rounds). He later told me he killed a deer with it that year.

Yard Dart and Cephus like this.
  5. GrandpaDave

GrandpaDave Monkey++

Ya know one of the first things they taught us in gunsmithing school... was all Winchesters made after 1964 were junk....

of course if you fixed guns for a living that was great news... but to all our friends we'd tell em to buy a Marlin 336 instead...

Folks let me add that yes quality was so bad the company almost went bankrupt... but things have turned around

From Wiki
    they now make some of the finest rifles ever made...

6. Opinionated

Opinionated Monkey+

Rock Island Armory's 1911's To include the 1911A2.

I've owned three of them brand new - fortunately I only had to actually pay for two of them. Spent hundreds of dollars on magazines trying to get JUST ONE OF THE THREE to feed reliably using 230gr ball ammunition. Failed miserably.

At this point, I'd rather have a sharp stick than another RIA 1911.

. . . I've got two Colts and two Norincos, all four are rock solid dependable.

7. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

Beretta 92F...Duty gun when I was a LEO,the firing pin (2 piece) hung up on several occasions. The POS pistol could have gotten me killed. It had to be sent back to the factory to be repaired.You couldn't give me one.

VisuTrac likes this.
  8. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Llama .22 pocket pistol accurate but had feed issues... but it was a tough built gun.... might have kept it if i could have found better magazines for it...

9. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Single shot ''crack barrel'' 12 guage...
    Killed on both ends when fired...

10. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

M-39 Fiinnish Mosin-Nagant. One of my first milsurps, bought when I didn't really know what to look for. Gorgeous wood, decent finnish, looks beautiful.
    Shoots like a shotgun. The bore is rotten and pitted. Does slightly better with the 204 grain Russian SP ammo.
    I keep it to remind me to look beyond the good looks, and because I'll not inflict this "Prom Queen with bad teeth" on another shooter. :rolleyes:

11. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

MAC-11

Biggest pile of crap I ever spent money on. Couldn't fire more the 2 or 3 rounds without either a FTF or FTE and couldn't hit the broadside of a barn when it did fire.

12. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

Diamondback DB380 .380acp. Loved the looks & feel of it. Looked like a MicroGlock. Grip angle of a 1911, & double trigger bars. Trigger of a Doubleaction revolver. POS never EVER made it thru a full mag without a severe miss feed or jam. Two trip back to Factory & still screws up. Gonna try sumthing I saw in a YouTube vid of how to fix the thing soon. I have a conscience so could not sell it to another person or a dealer. Therefore if the YouTube fix don't work, I'll take its polymer arse outside & melt it down with my blowtorch!!!

Tyler Danann likes this.
  13. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

no body gets the shaft when I sell something.

I could never be a used car salesman. When I sell a firearm, a truck, or anything else I am completely honest about why I am selling it and all known defects. I don't want any bring backs, and I wouldn't give them their money back if they did. I lose a lot of sales, but I am completely up front at time of purchase. My moral compass stays true and I sleep well at night.

Mountainman and Sapper John like this.
  14. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

I never really had any that totally sucked. I suppose the worst was an old lever action single shot shotgun made by Winchester. It was a 20 Gauge. It was a pure piece of crap. To date I have liked most all of the guns I own and have owned in the past. The ones I have right now I like a Lot. Ones I would like to own someday include a Garrand, a M1A and a .44 magnum (magazine fed Ruger) carbine. I know they dont make one . KF

15. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Taurus 92 first year model. Yeah, i was young, it was affordable. It shot like hell.

barrel wobbled in battery so you had only a general idea where the round was going but that was about it.

Would have been great for suppressing fire.

Traded it even up for a BNIB Rem 870 with both bird and slug barrels.

16. goinpostal

goinpostal Monkey+++

Bought a NIB AMT.45 Backup that when cold had to be racked several times to get the first round to feed.
    I finally got pissed,broke it down,ground/polished the feed ramp,and removed some milling burrs.Then I sent it to a smith for porting,and to lighten the 13lb trigger pull.After that it was a pocket race gun that saved my bacon more than once.
    I sold it to the local G&P when I needed the cash,and had enough getting the web of my hand bit evey time I shot it.
    Matt

17. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

A Lorcin .380 I took away from my older brother so he wouldn't get hurt...

He had gotten it for home defense (he was in the navy and never much of a gun guy), and I don't think it ever made it through a whole magazine without jamming...2 rounds was about average. I gave him a Ruger P89DC in it's place.

I actually still have it and use it as a paperweight...mostly because anyone I would sell a gun to I wouldn't want to get stuck with it.

:rolleyes:

18. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

I have to agree with the OP. A Tec-9. Looked cool but sucked big time. FTF, FTE, couldn't fire more than 4 or 5 rounds before it jammed. Piece of crap. But it looked cool. They were banned under the Clintonista regime and the factory went cajones to the wall trying to put out as many as they could before they were shut down. Quality control went out the window. Or so said the scuttlebutt.

19. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

I went for the cool look to I bought a knock off uzie made a better club than a gun. Luck to have it I found a self proclaimed gun smith to give me my money plus boot. Which he hasn't spoke to me since, but he had some gun kid trait's that was worth the gun in it's self (lol )

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  20. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Mini 14
    Lorcen 25 auto

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7