What's the worst gun you ever owned

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by GrandpaDave, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Valkman

Valkman Knifemaker Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Jennings .380. POS, couldn't get through a mag without multiple FTF, FTE, etc.

2. wideym

wideym Monkey+++

For me it was an HK93. I always wanted one and eventually paid $2300 for one that was mint, but missing the magazine. I ordered a bunch of steel 30 rounders and alloy 40s (paid a premium for the 30 rounders too).

The POS jammed every 3rd or 4th round. I mean it really JAMMED. It would fail to eject and slam the brass upward into the piston area. It would take a few minutes and a screwdriver or pliers to get it out. Sent it back to the HK factory, who replaced all the springs and rollers that cost about $40, who then charged me $100 just for shipping it back (talk about blackmail).

When it returned, it still had the same FTE problems and the factory reps said send it back. I asked if they would still charge me $100 for shipping again, they said yes, it was company policy. I ended up donating it to Bill Fleming to fix and auction off for his wife Kat's cancer treatment costs.

3. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Mini 14...??? Really ...
    ...Tell me about the mini 14 Quigley...you have my attention...[gun]

4. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

Only 1.... recently purchased (2) Daisy, model 25's. Newly revisited by Daisy, made in China. I bought it to teach with and it's a POS! Really horridly re-designed, and manufactured....the sights were welded on crooked...it no longer is a take apart model today, and it has no power to hit, much less punch a hole in, a paper target at 20 feet! sad.....

5. freedom first

freedom first Monkey+

Marlin 308MX. Bought new last year for christmas present to me.
    Went to bore sight scope and had to add 9 shims under rear ring to still find out the guns was shooting 2 ft low at 25 yds. and scope was out of range of adjustment.

Other problems with the gun list as hard to load, could only get 3 rounds in the gun. Action is horrible and usually ends up directing cartridge into top of the barrel taper, has to kind of be double clutched to chamber a round. Poor forearm wood to reciever fit.

After internet research I learned it is a common problem, known to Marlin. It is called barrel droop, where the barrel is not properly placed into the reciever. It is currently in transit to Illion Ny where problems are to be taken care of by Marlin warranty, shipping and all. With no more than a 4 week turn around. (cross your fingers for me).

I am hoping that the gun returns as most persons I have talked to on the forums. When it comes back it'll be a tack driver, and function flawlesslly. Hoping to make my worst firearm, my favorite hunting rifle.

6. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

I was worndering about the mini 14 too I had one a few years back thought it was a good gun the only down fall I found was the 20 round mas and the cost of them. Plus it's not as accurate as the AR or I don't think so. I traded it in on my Stag Arms AR-15. The reason Im askin I've been looking at the new Ruger Scout Rifle 308 and if ruger is having problems with their tactical type fire arms. I dont want to lose that kind of money and will hold off for a So-Com308.

7. GrandpaDave

GrandpaDave Monkey++

They did....
    and I still own two of them...

They were called the Model 44 AKA deer stocker ... they look a lot like a 10/22 in fact
    Ruger 44 Magnum Carbine Cleaning Disassembly Assembly and Repair

8. GrandpaDave

GrandpaDave Monkey++

Last year I took a FIN SCAR 17 in trade... Didnt think I was going to like it

but come to find out... I love it [gun]... but would never had paid the 2+ grand MSRP they want for em

9. oth47

oth47 Monkey+

Worst I had was a Charter Arms AR-7 survival rifle,Henry is building them now.Would never fire more than 3 rounds without jamming,regardless of ammo used.The internal parts that I could see looked like they'd been hacksawed out of an aluminum pot.Took me a long time to save up the money for that pos back in the 70s.

10. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Heh. Got it at an estate auction (nobody bid against me) intending to clean it up and get my grandotter shooting. Cleaned it up first, refinished the stock second and went on a longish hunt for mags. Got two of them, adjusted them to feed at all (much less regularly) and I refuse to give up on the project. But grandotter won't get it unless I have a permanent solution. Won't sell it to an unsuspecting soul, either. Looks like my executor will have to deal with it at the rate things are going on the to do list (I'm adding an item to carve grips for a 45 out of granite with a zinc knife.) I hear the tube mag version works a LOT better, dunno.

11. GrandpaDave

GrandpaDave Monkey++

I remember those... everything breaks down action and barrel it all stores in the stock... I remember seeing them for sale in K Marts back in the day...

Cant say I ever wanted one... at the same time I was hooked on yet another famous gun from the movies... the S&W 29... "Well do ya feel luckly...punk?" Bawhahahaha! FYI in the movie the model 29 ole Clint Eastwood used was re-chambered for .357 because he couldn't handle the recoil of the .44 Mag.

12. Wolfgang2000

Wolfgang2000 Monkey++

I got a Taurus PT 92 as a found property gun. It has a mild case of road rash on one side. I restored it. If I shot any thing but 115 grn bullets it pattern, not grouped. But with 115 bullets at any speed I could punch the X ring out a 25 yards.

It made a good house gun. It's now at my sons house. What is it with kids, they want guns but don't want to spend THEIR money on them. ;)

13. beast

beast backwoodsman

i had this old single shot .410, couldnt hit nothing with it
    one day i got to lookin and the front site was mounted cockeyed
    the slot was cut at like 5 degrees from vertical
    after i found that out and allowed for that it shot pretty good
    could take a duck or chickens head off at 30 yards
    but it was sure a nightmare at first

14. CraftyMofo

CraftyMofo Monkey+++

Mossberg 835. Safety broke while goose hunting, sent it in for repairs. Next year, the vent rib broke offnthe top of the barrel after my first round of shots while duck hunting. It sits on the bottom of Saginaw Bay.

15. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

LOL .... I like your style. You are not only Crafty, you are also a FunnyMoFo.

dragonfly and CraftyMofo like this.
  16. wrc223

wrc223 Monkey+

I have two worst guns ever.
    1. Hi-point 9mm carbine. It is one thing to sell a cheap product but it is an entirely different thing to have a plastic grip that can easily be broken by squeezing it in your hand. Inaccurate, bulky sheet metal stamping despite small operating system, a genuine hunk of sheeeee-it.
    2. Remington 760 Game Master chambered in .30-06. Inaccurate, difficult pump with many hang-ups despite filing burrs and lubing the hell out of it. Unpredictable trigger would discharge anywhere between 1.75lbs.- 13lbs of trigger pull. Finally, an overall appearance of a toy gun one would purchase from a local five and dime.

17. GrandpaDave

GrandpaDave Monkey++

18. sasquatch91

sasquatch91 Monkey+++

marlin model 60 .22

Georgia_Boy likes this.
  19. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Oops, forgot about the Iver Johnson 32 5 shot. Now, that one surely sucks hog hair.

Sapper John likes this.
  20. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I do not believe that I have ever owned a bad gun, I did have an 8-shot .22 snubby revolver once that had some timing issues but I was able to repair that. I have guns that I didn't really care for much, like the M44 Mosin Nagants, still have a few of those, nothing wrong with them except they are really ugly. I didn't care much for my Ingram Mac-10 but it wasn't a bad gun, just something that I didn't have much use for and it went through ammo like **** through a goose.

dragonfly likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7