What's the worst gun you ever owned

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by GrandpaDave, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Legion489

Legion489 Rev. 2:19 Banned

Henry AR-7 - jammed every shot. Sent back to factory where they reamed the rear of the barrel with a worn out rat tailed file. Now jams every other round.

Kimber Custom (basic blued model 1911) Looked great, had 70+ trigger pull (WAG, when I got it down to what felt like half it was measured at 35+ lbs!), extractor was unfinished, PLASTIC mainspring housing, mag was garbage and would not work in ANY 1911 (typical of Kimber mags), covered with casting flaws on sights, hammer, etc.

S&W 25-2 .45 ACP (NOT MINE - friend at my shooting club) Friend brought his new S&W 25 to range, barrel unscrewed while firing for first time because it wasn't pinned at the factory while I watched.

Wilson 1911 cost $2500 (NOT MINE!) Friend brought his new Wilson $2500 1911 (which he said 15 times in two minutes so I don't doubt him) to the club and it would not feed ANY ammo of ANY type from ANY mag, included supplied mag which would not work in any other 1911.

Lee LOADMASTER press. What a LOAD OF SOMETHING this POS is!! The Lee warranty is totally worthless and doesn't even make good toilet paper so is absolutely not worth the paper it is printed on! ALL Lee pot metal presses are junk! The LM is just the worst of them by FAR!!

2. Gorilla Joe

Gorilla Joe Monkey+

I'm embarrassed to admit it......:oops:But since we're all coming clean....
    I once owned...Er, ah, I mean I was once "owned" by a FIE .22 mag single action chrome cowboy gun. Plus side: 1) It was pretty to look at. 2) With a decent HP it made a loud noise. 3) Oh, and did I mention it was shiny?

Down side: 1) You couldn't hit the broadside of a barn, from the inside with the door shut. 2) It had so little of trigger travel, you had to hold and squeeze against the guard to fire. (Think time delay like black powder). 3) It was pretty to look at. John Wayne would've kicked me out of the "He-man True Grit Club".

3. Dogfood

Dogfood Monkey+++

FEG-GKK .45 What a POS it has some of the softest steel I have ever seen. After 50 rounds the locking lug started to chip away and the the slide had some good pinging going on.

I have looked at some of the other stuff from them and it look ok but I will stick to better brands.

4. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

HEHEHE! I have the Tanfoglio TA76 - imported by EXCAM - likely the same gun. Zinc alloy frame with very poor chrome job. Barrel is marked ".22LR", while cylinder is ".22 MAG". Shot very high and off paper - til I replaced the rear sight with a 1911 sight, and JB Welded a Marlin rifle front sight on. Now it shoots dead on at 25 yards with CCI Maximags. BUT.... it's my 'spider hunter' - I pop the buggers in the house with Aguila Colibris..... Got seven HUGE 8-leggers to it's credit now! Beats gagging on bug spray, and a lot more fun. The Colibri is a primer-only .22 round that has less grunt than a Red Ryder, won't even hardly mark hardwood trim. Barely penetrates into sheetrock. PERFECT! Splatters the danged spiders. Did I mention..... I HATE SPIDERS!!!!! :mad:

I even managed to find a cheesy holster that makes it look like a kid's cap pistol! Great fun to shoot at the range - using Colibris, they ask me what kind of 'pellet pistol' I'm shooting? Then I put in a couple .22 Mags, and fire it - "A darned good one!" I sez......
    [fnny]

2rqlora.

5. cdwoods

cdwoods Monkey+

EAA

I purchased a used European American Armory .380 pistol that I wanted for concealed carry about 2 years ago. I took it to the range to test it out and at about shot number 12 or 13 the frame split in half and the slide locked up. I didn't even think twice about it. I took a hammer, pounded it to crap and dropped the scrap metal in the trash.

6. Charliefox

Charliefox Monkey+

I owned an Iver Johnson TP-22 (looked like a shrunken Walther PPK) that had such a soft breech face that if you ever dry fired it, the indentation made by the firing pin would allow a small bit of gas to escape - not much, mind you, but enough that it wouldn't eject...ever. Essentially I owned a really cool looking single shot pistol! Add to that the magazines would feed at an angle which was never quite right. I ended up finally taking it apart, smashing it with a sledgehammer and throwing it in a river.

7. strunk

strunk Monkey+

Turkish 8mm Mauser. It fired occasionally, and when it did, it hit the target occasionally. For $70, I shouldn't complain. A Wolff firing pin spring help a lot (but not completely) with the former problem. I imagine it needed a firing pin & barrel, too, but with a number of better rifles already in my possession, it simply wasn't worth the investment.

8. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

CZ 27 never could get it to feed.

9. Cephus

Cephus Monkey+++ Founding Member

Took a Helwan 9MM in once and it was the worst thing I ever had the miss pleasure to try and fix or get parts for. I think I gave it away for use as a boat anchor.

10. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

Colt Defender .45. Looked pretty, felt good, accurate, but sent the shell casings flying back in my face every few shots. Several folks at the range thought it was me, but it did it to them and anyone else who fired it. Put some nasty cuts over my eye a few times. I got rid of it when I found myself doing a head flinch every time I fired it.

11. GrandpaDave

GrandpaDave Monkey++

Deagles, (Desert Eagles) do that too... freaks me out every time I feel that spent case brush my hair....

BTW save your money they may look nice but deep down their a crappy gun... not one little bit reliable... you'll be lucky to get through a mag without at least one miss-fed-fire-jam...

and thus the Deagles belong right here in worse gun ever...

BTPost likes this.
  12. T.R

T.R Monkey+

single shot .22 , waste of good steel .

13. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Depends on if you have Children, and would like for them to learn to shoot, better than you ... Just my opinion.... YMMV....

Redneck Rebel likes this.
  14. limpingbear

limpingbear future cancer survivor....

i had a cheap 22 single action revolver that belonged to my dad. made in germany and called a longhorn. lightest trigger ive ever seen on a factory gun and the pinned in barrle was loose so it never shot to the same place twice. i did not cry when that one went away...

15. onegeorgian

onegeorgian Monkey++

Walther P22

16. onegeorgian

onegeorgian Monkey++

What ammo do you use in yours and how many times has it been shot? I use regular ball ammo and mine is reliable...in fact it's my daily.

17. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

Have you tried Corbon DPX? Seemed to be the only HP ammo that would reliably feed in my pocket 380

18. onegeorgian

onegeorgian Monkey++

Reg ball ammo works fine in mine...reloads are a diff story. I just use Rem ball.

19. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Even if I had said pistol...I prefer the power of the Press!

Even if I had said pistol...I prefer the power of the Press! A tightly rolled Sydney Morning Herald broadsheet newspaper works wonders on arachnids...and I don't need a license for it. ; )

20. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Nah, these buggers are too quick. And where's the fun of merely swatting them? No license needed here, though in California I'd likely be cited for not having a "Spider License"........

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7