What's the worst gun you ever owned

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by GrandpaDave, Nov 17, 2011.

1. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

The worst gun I ever owned

The worst gun I ever owned was a WWII milsurp Italian 6.5mm Carcano carbine. It kicked like a mule, it's WWII ammo was unreliable, and corrosive, it used 6round clips for feeding it (which are uncommon to come by these days), and I think its sights were machined by a dyslectic factory hand.

As bad as it was....it is infinitely better than throwing rocks.

Doing my own reloading with commercial brass and components, and getting a gunsmith to improve on the original iron sights would help make it much more functional.....besides Lee Harvey Oswald seemed to be able to make the old Carcano sing....appparently. : O

2. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Hehehe..... LHO had buddies.....

I once nearly bought a Carcano off a range buddy, but the difficulty and expense of ammo put me off it - I wasn't reloading back then. A that time, a 20-round box of Norma ammo was $30! That wouldn't seem so bad these days - but I'd bet that same box of ammo is nearly $60 by now......
    Sights.... as I recal, a block of steel atop the barrel that kinda resembled a sight.... no adjustment at all. Rifle looked like a cheapo .22 rifle. I'd bet it DID kick!

3. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Carcanos are cheap and cruddy, but they still can kill

That's why I said apparently.....his buddies were a bit more elusive. A Carcano would not be high on the list of preferred sniper weapons I would have thought.....it would be reasonably effective as a club though... : O
    but JFK wasn't clubbed to death.

Apparently Carcanos have quite a long life ahead of them yet in the field of musketry......

Carcano - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

4. Motomo

Motomo Monkey+

Tokarev 9mm. First hand gun I ever bought, couldnt trade it in fast enough.

5. bugdude

bugdude Monkey+

Worst gun I ever owned - STI Ranger II 9mm

Had problems right from the start...FTE after 3-5 rounds. Didn't matter if I used the stock 9mm mag that came with it or the Wilson Combat Elite mags. It's been sent back to STI already (they swapped out the ejector) but it still has the same problem. Traded it for a brand new Glock.

6. Jay Tx

Jay Tx Monkey+

Had a Mauser 380 yrs ago. That thing would fail to feed every three to five rounds, religiously.

Had a Mosin Nagant that was more deadly as a club than a rifle.

Had a Salvage botl action 30-06 that was much better than the Nagant.

Recently inherited an AMT AutomagII 22mag semi-auto pistol that likes to jam. Finally started getting good reliability out of it with Winchester ammo.

7. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

It grouped like Sh*t

I have owned a few of them, would hit first round and grew from there.

Explain to me why the Mini 30 shoots so well?

8. onegeorgian

onegeorgian Monkey++

I can tell you that my fathers min 30 is crap, same as the 14...first shot 3", growing after that...he still has it but replaced it with a Bushmaster at-15. The barrel of the mini is too thin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Seawolf1090

I developed a dislike for the mini-thirty for another reason - never sit at the bench to the right of one! They seem to always fling their brass right at my nose! Dang, that hurts.... like getting punched!
    I don't get that from a mini-14.

10. titosoto

titosoto Monkey+

Tangfolio witness

11. Cathail

Cathail Monkey++

Jennings .22 cal. Only gun I ever sold for less than I paid for it, and was happy to get it.

12. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

The 2 happiest days of my Mini 14 ownership, were the day I bought it, and then the day I sold it. [own2]

13. engineer1371

engineer1371 Monkey+

Taurus 709 slim the Taurus slide lock would come on all by its self and lock the entire gun up until i could dig the key out and unlock it. Liked the gun but could not trust it after that.

14. jreb357

jreb357 Monkey+

Grendel .380, what a piece of crap.

jreb357
    survivaldisasterplan.com

15. Joshua28056

Joshua28056 Monkey+

Worst Gun = Hi Point .40

I bought a Hi Point .40 and that thing was the biggest piece of ****!!! Key word is biggest it was huge and weighed more than a brick. So Don't ever purchase Hi Point.

16. onegeorgian

onegeorgian Monkey++

I heard that HiPoint for the money was a very good gun and pretty reliable...I've never owned or shot one though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Seawolf1090

The Hi-Point is one of those manufacturers that people either swear by or swear at! I love their Carbine, but never handled the pistols - they're just so UGLY....... [stirpot]

18. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

I'm a fan and a hater all in one. My .380 is flawless and has been for many years. My 9mm is a paperweight even after numerous trips back to them.

19. Paul 2.0

Paul 2.0 Monkey+

Taurus pt24/7 pro ds. Lot of words there for a .40 but still. The gun itself reminded me of a Glock of similar make in terms of accuracy. Problem I had was the magazines were pure crap.

20. Foulball

Foulball Monkey+

Smith & Wesson Sigma .380 the first gun I purchased. Jams, shoots all over the place no matter what ammo or distance, discontinued, etc.
    Apparently some people actually like this gun, too bad I haven't met them.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7