What's the worst gun you ever owned

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by GrandpaDave, Nov 17, 2011.

1. rustyb380

rustyb380 Monkey+

Ruger LCP, can't get it to quit jamming. still have i can't give this thing away.

2. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

If you are giving it away.....;)

3. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Early issue mini 14. Could barely hit the barn at 25 paces if on the inside, doors closed. Best was, I hear laughter already, Charles Daly 45acp. After 30 minutes on the bench has been 100% reliable and very accurate with even cheap white box ammo.

4. shootermick

shootermick Monkey+

the worst gun i ever owned was a Universal m1 carbine it was a pos jammamatic.

franks71vw and inAsia like this.
  5. dagrimes65

dagrimes65 Monkey+

beretta 96, one of the 1st run 40 cals, horrible shooting pistol.

6. peanut

peanut Monkey+

Ruger SR 9. First handgun I ever purchased. I liked the way it looked. Way too top heavy though. Maybe because of the stainless slide...I bought a glock 9 mm after, and though my hubby is not a glock fan, I enjoy shooting it. My favorite is the AR-15 my hubby built for himself. I ended up swiping it from him. He can build another one. Gives him something to do...

7. dystopia

dystopia Monkey+

agree on the sr9, the one i had went bang everytime but accuracy was terrible. Maybe i'm not good with striker fired pistols.

8. limpingbear

limpingbear future cancer survivor....

love my SR-9.....couldnt stand the sights. never been a fan of the three dot system. painted the rear dots with black paint and after they dried i traced a white outline around the rear notch and painted the front sight blaze orange. remarkable accurate after that. goes bang every time no matter what i feed it and holds a lot of bullets...

9. PapaSasquatch

PapaSasquatch Monkey++

10. bad_karma00

bad_karma00 Monkey+

H&R 20ga youth model. Kicked like an angry mule. Impossible to shoot more than three or four times before bruising. Hated it.

11. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Monkey++

A Savage 110 I bought in 1978 for my first deer rifle.
    Pierced and blew primers with factory ammo, kicked worse than any rifle I have shot since (including .338 Win. Mag, .375 H&H and Marlin .45-70 lever action) beat me black and blue with a 1 inch Pachmayr pad on it.
    It would barely keep all shots on a paper plate at 25 yards, could have been partly me after the first shot.

It was so bad I was not too unhappy when it was stolen.

12. jim2

jim2 Monkey+++

Ruger 6" Security Six in SS. Shot hard to the right about one foot after the sights were adjusted as far as possible to bring it into line. It was a good stead grouper though for all that. Held 12 inches at 25 yds with everything stuffed into it. Two expert marksmen couldn't do any better than I with it either.
    jim

13. bfayer

bfayer Keeper Of The Faith

Sears bolt action 16 ga. Shotgun.

Although it made a pretty good single shot.

14. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Monkey+++

Stoeger .22 Luger. It looked good, felt good in my hand, and maybe fired one round out of 3 that I chambered.
    I bought it used from a pawnshop, tried several different kinds of ammo, and took it back and got a refund the next week.

15. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Taurus PT709 Slim 9mm Semi-Auto Pistol

POS, Failure to Feed, Failure to Fire and Failure to Extract, other than that it made a good clunk when I took it back to the Dealer.

16. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

AND it had the longest trigger pull and a very poor Feel

17. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++

Llama 45 1911, that had some major feed issues even with hardball. Took it to a gunsmith who showed me that the frame was warped. Bought it used for $100.00, so I did not lose a lot on that one.

18. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock Monkey

Diamondback DB9 9mm.

Cracked frame after 600 rounds of non-plus P ammo.
    Unreliable.
    Poorly designed magazines.

I get surprised at the reviews from Gun Mag Rags on it. Then again, advertising puts bread on the table.

19. PAGUY

PAGUY Monkey

Never owned one but, I took a clad with a friend that had a Jennings POS. Oh my god I never laughed to much at the malfunctions he had with it.

20. ExHelot

ExHelot Monkey

I bought a redone enfield jungle carbine to use as a barn gun. It was chromed(?) inside and out. It was a short time before the 'chrome' started to flake and peel. The thing was a pig at the range too. I also picked up a Mosin Nagant rifle that shot groups at about 8 moa. I tried opening the inletting for the barrel channel and even bedding the rifle, nothing, even with my best handloads. I even considered some kind of blood sacrifice but changed my mind after some deliberation. Finally, I got some more brownells accu-bed and glued the action, barrel and all into the stock. For what ever reason, it shot 2 moa after that and I used it as a barn gun.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7