What's the worst gun you ever owned

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by GrandpaDave, Nov 17, 2011.

1. cdnboy66

cdnboy66 Monkey++

sig mosquito......still have it, but it jams on everything...I think it just jammed because I talked about it
    finally sold my Rem 700 in .300 win mag...that thing just beat me black and blue. The guy who bought it loves it, so win win

2. Maxflax

Maxflax Lightning in a bottle

Tec 22 scorpion.. it's in pieces now waiting for some gun buyback program where I can get 50 to 100 clams for it

BTPost likes this.
  3. TheEconomist

TheEconomist Creighton Bluejay

Walther P22....hates to extract shells.

4. thanker92

thanker92 Monkey+

Believe it or not it was an M-1..... A longtime friend of my father's passed away when I was about 12 or so and left it to me.I think it was a "parts" gun since NO numbers matched at all. Everything that could go wrong with it did....repeatedly! To this day I still can't hit anything with a Garand.

5. andrew ebert

andrew ebert Monkey

i had a taurus pt111 millunium pro gen 3 that failed to eject every other round. and wouldn't feed hollowpoints. and would fail to fire all the time.
    i had an armscor m30r6 12ga whose safety acted as a trigger.....
    i had a stevens model 15 that couldn't hit the inside of a barn on a good day.
    i had a hi point c9 that i just couldn't disassemble (but was otherwise a good gun, sold it and bought one i could disassemble.)

6. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Lots of .380's on here and a few Walther's. Let me add mine to the list, S & W/ Walther PK 380. Monday it goes back to the factory. We have had issues in the past with jamming, the safety doesn't switch off, a loading issue. Today the shell got stuck and once I got it out it the cartridge was split. I took it in to the shop. He went over it and shook his head. The whole mechanism is not functioning properly. Even the key that opens it is supposed to come out but it sticks in there. I have only put about 300 rounds through and each time it is hard to get it to fire smoothly. To dangerous for me to shoot it. I should have got the revolver.

7. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Raven .25cal I crushed that gun to make sure no one ever relied upon it in need. Constantly jamming, misfires. I took a sledge hammer to it.

8. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

Funny, that was the gun I posted about earlier in this thread. Bought mine 35 years ago and still have it. Had to smooth it out with rubbing compound and it cycled fine, just the accuracy sucked. Has long since been retired since I do not want to rely on a 25 to save my life.

9. 2Chest1Head

2Chest1Head Monkey+++

Taurus 605. Sent it in for repair 3 times before they finally admitted even they couldn't fix it. Sent a replacement which I refused to take possession of at my local shop. They were kind enough to let me "trade" it in for their selling price and I bought a Ruger. Will NEVER purchase another Taurus.

Moatengator and Yard Dart like this.
  10. Grand58742

Grand58742 Monkey+++

Two off the top of my head:

CZ527 in 7.62x39. Significant bolt binding issues. Neat shooter, but was bought more as a playtoy than anything.

Taurus 1911. Shoots really low, like twelve inches at 15 yards and the guide rod keeps unscrewing itself. Horrid trigger. Lives of to the legacy of the 1911 rattling. Easy fix on the guide rod, but it's become the basement gun.

11. 2Chest1Head

2Chest1Head Monkey+++

Had a P22 a few years back....probably 2004...would only cycle and extract high velocity .22s....they were expensive when .22 rimfire was still cheap

TheEconomist likes this.
  12. gunbunny

gunbunny Never Trust A Bunny

ANYBODY who owns a Walther P22 needs to print themselves a copy of the P22 bible, available for free at rimfirecentral.com so they can fix what small problems may come up. I've had several P22's over the last decade, and they have ALL shot well. The only reason I've sold them was because they are easy to sell and easy to acquire new ones.

The pistol was developed with input from Gemtech, for use with a suppressor from the get go. That's why the spring may be a little more powerful than needed. An owner can clip one or two coils off the spring and have perfectly good operation with lighter loads. I just wouldn't recommend shooting with a suppressor after trimming the spring, as it may be too light.

Sorry for the rant, I just get tired of people trashing a pistol that was designed for a certain purpose, not looking into how to fix it, and just reside to complain. The P22 is Walther's (Umarex, actually) biggest seller. If it was so bad, they wouldn't have the sales numbers that they do.

I just wish they would have a better inventory of spare parts available. I got all of the spares I could off of gunbroker, where people parted out their pistols. Magazines that could hold 15-20 rounds would be great, too.

13. mason78

mason78 Monkey

Hello all! This is my first post, looked like a good as place as any! Really brings back memories, I also owned a intratec 9 and looking cool was all it was good for!
    Other than that hi-point 45 pistol was assured they never jammed, apparently mine did not get the memo (and butt ugly)

Yard Dart likes this.
  14. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Welcome to the Monkey Tree, Mason78....

15. 2Chest1Head

2Chest1Head Monkey+++

Sorry for delay in response and for offending anyone but.....If Walther (Umarex) designed it to be used with a suppressor then sell it with one. If the gun comes with .22lr stamped on the side of it, I want it to at least function properly with most .22lr widely available. I am fully aware that some firearms are picky and operate better with certain brands but having multiple failure to feed/extract both when new and after broken in is unsatisfactory.

16. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

For me it was an Oly Arms CAR-15 A2 series Hbar 16" 1 in 14" twist. I drove over and toured the plant,placed the order. WHEN it would feed it shot great. Never did get it to feed 100% even after returning it to the factory a couple of times. Sent it into a local gunsmith, still no dice. that was back in the mid 80's. After that last trip out to my range,I returned to my shop where I stripped all useable parts off the receivers and took my rosebud and melted the receivers down into a paper weight that still sitts atop my reloading bench. Same thing happened to a lawn mower that would'nt start for me one spring..;)

17. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

When I was a kid we had a .22LR bolt action that was prone to slam fire, I think it originally came from Montgomery Wards (remember when you could buy rifles at all the major department stores?) . It did teach us to be VERY respectful of all firearms. We also has a revolver that would spit lead. I don't remember the make or caliber, but between the two I decided I would always buy quality (not fancy, frilly, but well designed and manufactured) when it came to guns.

Yard Dart and Tully Mars like this.
  18. BigEd63

BigEd63 Monkey

Well I'll list them by rifles shotguns and pistols.

1). Eagles Arms AR type carbine so as not to list everything; just imagine everything that could be wrong with an AR build. Dumped the POS

2.) Professional (what a joke) Ordnance Carbon-15 , recoil system self destrcucted so I replaced the whole thing with a complete AR carbine stock & recoil spring/buffer assembly. And that cheesey gas block barrel boss would leak too much gas. Dumped the POS

3.) Mossberg Bull S-er Pup 12ga pump shotgun. What I got was not the sleek thing in the photo, kind'a like a mail order bride I guess. biglaff To bulky and clumsy of a feel. Traded it off.

4.) Charter Arms AR-7 pistol. At least for me the worst ergonomics. Even though just a .22LR the trigger guard would bust me in the center joint of my middle finger with each shot.

Oh there was probably a few more but these ones really come to mind right now.

BTPost, gunbunny and Yard Dart like this.
  19. Dark Jester

Dark Jester Quester...

Ruger Mini 14. I have had two myself and sold them both shortly after buying them for quality/dependability issues. I have an FFL as part of my business and have had a number of customers complain about accuracy, workmanship and their customer service. Bad for business...

20. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Do you hold stock in the company? Then why be so bothered? ;) I hear what you are saying, though. I often find myself fixing an item or making it better rather than sending it back or complaining.

walther_p22. I have to say, though, the Walther P22 certainly looks cool, but it didn't meet my standard for ease of use when field stripping and maintenance are concerned. A lot of .22 hand guns have this problem. I did like the way it can be disassembled, it is a solid design. For the Walther, it was mainly the spring and how difficult it was to replace and then pop the slide on, it always was a pain. I think they got everything else right, the design, feel, function -all spot on. It's just that blasted spring...

Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7