What's the worst gun you ever owned

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by GrandpaDave, Nov 17, 2011.

1. vonslob

vonslob Monkey++

My first gun a Lorcin 380. I started jamming and breaking firing pins after the first seven rds. I was twenty-one. Ah youth is wasted on the young:cry:

gunbunny likes this.
  2. gunbunny

gunbunny Never Trust A Bunny

Don't tell anybody, but most of us have been there too. When I had one, it was under the Jennings/Bryco name.

@Brokor
    I grew up with Walthers. I like a lot of them, and dislike some. One of my favorites is the P-22. The recoil spring is a pain, and should be made easier to install. Unfortunately, Walther has fallen under the Umarex disease and has to make products to Umarex's specs, not their own.

Why did I rant? I dunno. Maybe I heard too many people trashing one of my favorite pistols. You get tired of it sometimes, and a rant ensues. Some people have legitimate gripes, but most just want to hear themselves make noise.

Brokor likes this.
  3. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

@gunbunny agreed. ;)

Yeah, I sold my P22, but only to pick up another .22 great -the Sig/Hammerli Trailside (now Walther Hammerli/Xesse although maybe discontinued)
    I really do love the P22 except for that damn spring, lol

Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
  4. gunbunny

gunbunny Never Trust A Bunny

Galloway Precision makes a fix for that: Galloway Precision :: Walther™ Performance :: P22 Performance Parts :: Stainless Steel Guide Rod Assembly for Walther P22
    With a captured spring on a stainless guide rod. That way you no longer have to juggle holding the spring and inserting the guide rod, and holding it in place while reinstalling the slide. They have a video to show how much easier it is with their setup.

Witch Doctor 01 and Brokor like this.
  5. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Too bad I couldn't find that part when I still had the P22. Maybe now that .22 ammo is a rare commodity, the price of .22 guns will drop? Yeah...lol

6. Remington 770 in 30-06. The POS would not load a cartridge from the box magazine at all. Jammed or double fed EVERY time. Traded it for a Norinco SKS and now the SKS is one of my favorite rifles.

Yard Dart likes this.
  7. HappyPuppy

HappyPuppy Monkey

I bought in the early 70s this one. The Garcia Bronco. It was really cheap, the sight would bend if you tried to adjust them. Accuracy ? What's that ?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414738558.939474.

My runner up would be a assigned one so I didn't own it. It was Betty a M16a1. Unreliable , jammed at the worst times

8. Tactical Joke

Tactical Joke Monkey

A Walther PPS that just wouldn't run, even after going back to the factory. It's the only firearm I ever sold... Traded towards a P226 Elite

9. D2wing

D2wing Monkey+

SKS, could not shoot under 6 MOA with it. Next worst new Savage 30-06. One shot and it broke. Defective bolt, returned and got refund.

10. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

But you only paid 200 or so for the SKS, good money spent for an extended tribe to be armed.... I assume you have a trash can full of them like some of the Monkeys..... :rolleyes:

11. D2wing

D2wing Monkey+

Sold the SKS, tried AK's, not any better. Got a Saiga. Much better. 2-3 MOA depending on ammo. Had to add feed ramp. Still underpowered short range, but lots of cheap ammo and reliable.

12. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

.22 Pistol made by Stoeger as a copy of the famous Luger - jammed frequently at first, then got steadily worse until it literally jammed every shot
    Had it as a kid and don't remember what ever happened to it. That's the only gun I've owned that I can say that about.

13. Tywin Lannister

Tywin Lannister Monkey+

M1 suffered from first round fling, seventh round skip's mirror image. One shot and the clip holding seven rounds would be ejected to land on my head. Tried PMC M2 ball, new stock, new op rod and op rod spring, new clip latch, clip latch spring, clip latch pin. New clips. Would behave for a while then go delinquent again.

Still love their look and feel. Hit what I aimed at, have no interest in owning another.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
  14. helmetmike

helmetmike Monkey+

MSAR bullpup 5.56. FTE, double feed. Bad mistake buying this one. No wonder they went out of business. One large POS.

15. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

Wasn't one I owned, but a friend's. We did our concealed handgun license class at the same time, and when it came time to go to the range, he brought along a Taurus 9mm (no idea what model). Seemed like he spent more time clearing misfeeds on it, than actually shooting! :rolleyes:

16. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

I owned a Taurus PT-99 for something like 30 years. Never a single misfire or jam. Only sold it because I turned onto a geezer and wanted something lighter.

17. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

I guess the worst would have to be an M1 Carbine clone made by National Ord. in the late 50's/early 60's. Bolt was not properly machined so it would not unlock after a shot was fired, but gently massaging its replacement rendered it usable. Only real ones from now on, though!

18. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Is there a place on line that one can go to read reviews on pistols? Or rifles? When I want to buy a normal product I go to Amazon and read the reviews but what about firearms? Same with cars, if you want to buy a car you can read expert and consumer reviews- Is there a site dedicated to just firearms reviews that has a good reputation?

19. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Budsguns is one with reviews.

Motomom34 likes this.
  20. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

Mossberg MVP Patrol in .308. The freakin thing couldn't hold a group on the paper at 100 yards...from a bench rest! Tried different ammo and even different shooters...same sad results. I guess its poor reputation was known to everyone but me...I had a hell of a time even selling the thing way below it's book value.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7