What's the worst gun you ever owned

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by GrandpaDave, Nov 17, 2011.

1. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

The quality of Marlin and Remington have gone to crap now too.

2. MountainMariner

MountainMariner Clearly Ambiguous

Remington 522 Viper 22lr. I think the guy who invented the Rubik's cube designed the takedown and reassembly. Bought it for $75.00 and sold it for $100 though.

3. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

The worst was my first; a well used .410 bolt action my father bought cheap. It was far from pretty; however it meant I could go hunting with the grown ups. After I was familiar and practiced; I harvested my first pheasant with it.
    About midway through the season, after we walked away from the vehicles when I closed the bolt it went bang! I got the "look" and I said I didn't do anything. The "look" got worse with my denial and he said gimme the #&#$ thing and I did. He worked the bolt and as it closed on the second shell, bang, cycle again and bang.
    Redemption was at hand; however, I sat out the day.

As money was dear; I figured that was it for me hunting. The next week, a close family friend loaned me a 12ga double barrel and I went hunting..

4. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

I second the budsguns for one stop reviews, though I use a mixture of google searches and YouTube. The most reliable YouTube channel is nutnfancy. They buy everything they review and beat the hell out of it. The reviews are detailed, long, and critical of the products they test.

Motomom34, oldawg and kellory like this.
  5. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

It wasn't really the pistol's fault, but I recently fired four rounds at a cottonmouth that just pissed him off royally, using the laser sight on a Ruger lcp. Once the snake was suitably pissed, I gave up and shot his head off aiming down the rail and ignoring the laser which will put bullets in the alpha-zone at 25 yards but apparently is not minute of bad snake accurate.

6. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

Worst gun? Century arms L1A1 Sporter. Best single shot door stop I ever owned. No feed ramp, multi-shade parkerizing, pitted barrel, and ugly muzzle device. Much to my surprise after hearing about Century's reputation, ("It broke in half? Okay, you still own both halves.") they replaced it with a brand new R1 Sporter when they first came out. It is absolutely perfect. It was like trading an old beat up MG in on a brand new BMW.

Tully Mars and Gator 45/70 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7