Whats your carry gun? picture thread..

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by probie, Apr 20, 2013.

1. probie

probie Monkey

What is your primary carry gun? Why have you selected this weapon?

2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Browning HiPower in 9mm, in an underarm Shoulder Rig, with two extra Mags under the other Arm... First cartridge of each Mag is a FMJ, and the rest are JHP.... Momma carries a Stainless DAN Wesson .357 usually with the 2" barrel fitted, but at home she fits the 8" Barrel and it lives on top of the Fridge... YMMV...

3. probie

probie Monkey

I just ran into another man that also carrys the Browning HiPower. Do you run into troubles finding ammo in 9mm?

4. probie

probie Monkey

I have a CZ PO7 Duty in .40..... The stores are bare around here

5. Wheelsucker

Wheelsucker Out of Airspeed, Altitude & Ideas

If you ever see it, you'd better already be looking down your sights. I kid, I kid....

HK USPC40 where clothing permits, Kel-tec P3AT when clothing restricts. AR or 12ga if given any kind of warning.

bonjour

6. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Wheel....If you're out of Airspeed , Altitude, and Ideas... it's time to eject...eject....eject....

Airtime likes this.
  7. probie

probie Monkey

lol bonjour. french models prep to ya know.

8. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I carry two, a serious gun, usually a 1911 or Sig P220 in .45 acp , and a pocket pistol, usually a .380 Ruger LCP. I have a variety of holsters to suit my wardrobe and planned activities but the reasons for my choices are simple; one is a fight stopper and the other beats a hand full of rocks.

9. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

I carry it because I'm small and must compensate for not having a big winky.
    No really I'm just comfortable with it. The weight sucks for a carry pistol but I've gotten used to it.

mypet.

10. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Nope, I load and reload all my own ammunition...

11. Airtime

Airtime Monkey+++

Used to carry a Smith 469 then went to an AMT backup in .380. That was 25 years ago. New stuff comes along and while those are still around, I now carry a Glock in .40 when clothing permits and environment suggests. Other wise a Ruger LCP inside a pocket is the normal carry. Better to have a small convenient pocket pistol all the time than a big boy just some of the time.

AT

KAS and tulianr like this.
  12. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

Yeah I know its only a .380 but its stone cold reliable & its so easy to conceal thus making it possible to ALWAYS have my Sig P238 on me. Even when I'm carrying my Full sized carry gun.

sig_sauer_p238_sas_1.
    1911DT.

kellory and ditch witch like this.
  13. It is very difficult to find a carry gun that has a trigger guard designed for hooves so I carry antlers most of the time and hide in the swamp when they shed until I get a new set. Evolution works in providing me with the newest models each year so I am never far behind the state of art in personal defense.

14. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Star... Fire star Plus 9mm
    GunCollection008-1.

15. probie

probie Monkey

tn. cz usa

16. Vetter

Vetter Monkey+

2011-12-24_19-06-24_124.
    I'm with Stang. I LOVE my SIG P238!!

STANGF150 likes this.
  17. CaboWabo5150

CaboWabo5150 Hell's coming with me

Any one of these: Depends on the weather and what I can get away with wearing... I'm partial to the S&W 686 though. It's a performance center edition, nice and smooth.. And I can just hit better with it than the others, on a faster draw than plinking anyway. -- Then there's the Para Hawg 7 in .45ACP with crimson Trace grips.. I like that one too.. :)

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ditch witch and kellory like this.
  18. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

DUDE!!!! Looks like you got the SAS model Too!!! I got a dollar says your only complaint about it is exactly the same as mine! Fer as much as it cost you'd think the cheap bas@#%& at Sig would have thrown in a spare mag instead of making you buy it for another $44!!! How you like that laser on yours? For sum my pants due to big back pockets I had to buy a Talon pocket holster to keep it from getting sideways in my back pocket & printing. In regular jeans it fits perfectly without a holster. Only way to know I'm carrying it is if I pull my wallet from my LEFT back pocket instead of my right back pocket where I normally carry it.

19. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

Smith & Wesson 1911PD W / Crimson Trace grips (My eyesight sucks)

Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
  20. Wheelsucker

Wheelsucker Out of Airspeed, Altitude & Ideas

Anything I fly you'd have to crawl out of and I only have a chute when doing aerobatics. As a result, my practice is to "dance w' the one what brung ya" and try to find the ground gently. Ejecting is only any option for the gumment funded :)

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7