What's your favorite plant medicine

Discussion in 'Survival Medicine' started by Hanzo, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Monkey had a mean sunburn, so I rubbed her skin with aloe. A couple of days treatment and all good.

So it got me thinking... what are YOUR favorite plant medicines?

Here are a few from my yard besides the aloe.

Lilikoi flowers steeped into a tea are soothing and relaxing and can promote good sleep. One flower per hundred pounds of person.

Hawiwi as a poultice for muscle and joint aches. Hawiwi is in the foreground. Our hawiwi is sparse now since it is competing with the big lilikoi. And our birds love it, so they get clippings once or twice a week to chew on.

This common plant. I cannot remember the Hawaiian name. Was used by the ancient Hawaiian as a cancer treatment. If you taste the flower and leaves, they are bitter. Seems like many of the anti-cancer type foods taste bitter.

So not necessarily my favorites, but they are on hand. What are yours?

Ganado, Motomom34, GrayGhost and 4 others like this.
  2. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Aloe plant here, Can you get more information on the cancer treatment plant, Thanks

Motomom34, UncleMorgan and Hanzo like this.
  3. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

I'll ask my Hawaiian medicine friend next time I see him.

One of my teachers swears by Jason Winters tea. Had a cancer in his neck that doctor told him to operate immediately which would have been followed by chemo and radiation. He told the doctor that he wanted to,try holistic medicine first. Doctor said no time. So,he told the doctor that he was going to try for 30 days, and if it doesn't help, he would do as the doctor says. He drank the Jason Winters tea for 30.

Cancer was gone. Doctor thought it might have moved, so they checked all of him. No cancer.

Was it the tea? Maybe. Apparently, Jason Winters also had cancer that he got rid of with the tea.

I personally think that it was the intention that made it do away. Sure, the tea may have helped. But our mind and spirit is the most powerful thing at our disposal.

4. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I like peeling bananas and (occasionally) people.

Aloe is also a fave, but Rosemary tea is at the absolute top of my list.
    It does wonders in reducing stomach pain and preventing nausea.

The only thing I hate worse than throwing up is being offered a nice, greasy, porkfat and cigarette-butt sandwich immediately afterwards.

5. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

How do you make rosemary tea? And how much rosemary do you use?

Ganado and UncleMorgan like this.
  6. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I like peeling bananas and (occasionally) people.

Rosemary tea is easy. Just dump some rosemary in a pan and heat it gently, at a low simmer, until it steeps out to a medium brown. The more rosemary you put in the water, the stronger the tea will be. Likewise the longer you simmer it the darker it gets.

The tea will be somewhat bitter. One teaspoon is usually enough to ease stomach cramps or turn off nausea,

Use more as needed. It's completely safe as far I know.

Some people ease the bitterness by adding honey.

I just chug down a small swallow, and then make it a double it that doesn't work instantly.

Store it in a glass bottle in the fridge and it's good for years.

The last batch I made came out almost black because I wanted it really really strong.

It's probably four years old by now, and I use it maybe twice a year, max..

If someone winds up tossing their toenails, the tea will ease the aftermath considerably. And if heaving is an option, as opposed to mandatory, rosemary will stop the hurl before it happens.

I don't get seasick, but I've heard it does wonders for even the worst cases. Ditto for morning sickness, which I hardly ever get.

As with any nausea remedy, know the cause first. Rosemary tea will not substitute for an emergency appendectomy, for example.

7. Flight-ER-Doc

Flight-ER-Doc Monkey+

Whisky, single-malt, Islay, 25 years or older...

8. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Been making Moringa Tea from some micro fine ground Moringa leaves. I haven't really experienced much from the tea and I hear the whole leaves are a better source. Going to try that after a while...

9. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Cannabis Sativa

10. jefferson

jefferson Monkey

Neem plant and aloe vera are my favorite medicine plant. Both plants will providing good results in the healthy life.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  1. Dunerunner
  2. Motomom34
  3. Asia-Off-Grid
  4. Asia-Off-Grid
    Resource

Herbal Manual 2018-07-18

Herbal Manual, By Harold Ward. [img]
    Posted By: Asia-Off-Grid, Jul 18, 2018 in category: Alternative Medicine
  5. Asia-Off-Grid
  6. Asia-Off-Grid
  7. Asia-Off-Grid