What's Your Favorite Type of Belt/Buckle?

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by Brokor, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Tully Mars, Motomom34 and Yard Dart like this.
  2. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    I have a Gerber Touch. A belt buckle and shiv - all in one. Sadly, no longer offered - and I can't imagine why....

Motomom34, Brokor and GOG like this.
  3. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Air force and army rigger style belt for me.

Airtime likes this.
  4. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

Wilderness Belt.

hank2222 likes this.
  5. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I carry strong side so I use a Lobo Leatherworks double thick belt or a Ranger style belt and buckles.

Tully Mars and Yard Dart like this.
  6. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

2 tongue double hole

7. Oltymer

Oltymer Monkey++

I prefer a solid heavy metal oval buckle, makes for a quickly deployed under the radar self defense weapon when used as a flail while holding the leather portion of the belt. I have never had to use it as a weapon, but saw a friend end a fight pronto with one. The guy who attacked him was out cold for several minutes and didn't want to advance to round 2 when he regained consciousness.

See my EDC Everyday carry video -

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
    GOG, Brokor and Gator 45/70 like this.
  8. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Brass

Motomom34 likes this.
  9. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I really do not have a favorite, it just depends on what I am wearing. My belts are fashion belts but they are leather or quality and I know that they can be used for something besides holding my pants up. The buckles are all sturdy and heavy. I tried those webbed belts but they were not my thing plus if you do not buy quality the fasteners (buckles/fasteners) did not last.

IMG_1595.JPG

GOG likes this.
  10. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I use the Spec-Ops 'Better BDU Belt.' I have 3 of them, each in a different color. Super strong. Won't trip metal detector. They are 1.75" wide and I purchase them long so I have a lot extra (all the way to the middle of my back) because in an emergency they can and will be darn handy. They are perfect as a gun belt or just holding up my pants...which they do most excellently. Rather expensive though... I also have their rigger belt (think it's theirs) but seldom wear it.

GOG and Brokor like this.
  11. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

@Bandit99 You can get a free "better BDU" belt with a pair of Propper tactical pants if you search around. I usually buy mine off Amazon, although some sellers do not offer them with the belt so be aware. Top-notch quality.

Tully Mars and Bandit99 like this.
  12. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

Here is mine KIMG0669_02.JPG KIMG0670_02.JPG

13. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

The big metal one that holds a silver dollar....I like having some real money on me.

GOG and Gator 45/70 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7