1. Given the media intensity given to the Corona or Wuhan virus, there seems no reason to have posts on that very specific subject in several forums Accordingly, all of those posts will be moved to "Headlines". All new items on that subject should be posted there as well. This notice will expire on 1 April, or be extended if needed. Thanks, folks.

What's Your Favorite Type of Belt/Buckle?

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by Brokor, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Tully Mars, Motomom34 and Yard Dart like this.
  2. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    I have a Gerber Touch. A belt buckle and shiv - all in one. Sadly, no longer offered - and I can't imagine why....

Motomom34, Brokor and GOG like this.
  3. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Air force and army rigger style belt for me.

Airtime likes this.
  4. GOG

GOG Grumpy ol' Munky Site Supporter

Wilderness Belt.

hank2222 likes this.
  5. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I carry strong side so I use a Lobo Leatherworks double thick belt or a Ranger style belt and buckles.

Tully Mars and Yard Dart like this.
  6. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

2 tongue double hole

7. Oltymer

Oltymer Monkey++

I prefer a solid heavy metal oval buckle, makes for a quickly deployed under the radar self defense weapon when used as a flail while holding the leather portion of the belt. I have never had to use it as a weapon, but saw a friend end a fight pronto with one. The guy who attacked him was out cold for several minutes and didn't want to advance to round 2 when he regained consciousness.

See my EDC Everyday carry video -

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
    GOG, Brokor and Gator 45/70 like this.
  8. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Brass

Motomom34 likes this.
  9. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I really do not have a favorite, it just depends on what I am wearing. My belts are fashion belts but they are leather or quality and I know that they can be used for something besides holding my pants up. The buckles are all sturdy and heavy. I tried those webbed belts but they were not my thing plus if you do not buy quality the fasteners (buckles/fasteners) did not last.

IMG_1595.JPG

GOG likes this.
  10. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I use the Spec-Ops 'Better BDU Belt.' I have 3 of them, each in a different color. Super strong. Won't trip metal detector. They are 1.75" wide and I purchase them long so I have a lot extra (all the way to the middle of my back) because in an emergency they can and will be darn handy. They are perfect as a gun belt or just holding up my pants...which they do most excellently. Rather expensive though... I also have their rigger belt (think it's theirs) but seldom wear it.

GOG and Brokor like this.
  11. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

@Bandit99 You can get a free "better BDU" belt with a pair of Propper tactical pants if you search around. I usually buy mine off Amazon, although some sellers do not offer them with the belt so be aware. Top-notch quality.

Tully Mars and Bandit99 like this.
  12. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

Here is mine KIMG0669_02.JPG KIMG0670_02.JPG

13. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

The big metal one that holds a silver dollar....I like having some real money on me.

GOG and Gator 45/70 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7