When a fellow monkey is in need

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RightHand, Mar 15, 2011.

1. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Many of you have been following the thread(s) about monkey tsneds living in Japan about 150 miles SW of the Fukushima reactor. He has been able to secure a 03/17 outbound flight for his pregnant wife, 4 year old son, and himself. I know that all of us are greatly concerned for the safety and welfare of all residents of Japan but we have a personal concern for our members so tsneds will be in our thoughts in the coming days. I hope he can keep us posted on his progress, journey, and what he has learned that will help us all as we prepare for the uncertainties of the world.

What many of you may not know is that we have at least one other monkey with family in Japan. Bear, one of our founding members, has family that he has been unable to contact. While Bear quietly goes about helping others, he has been silent about his family concerns. I hope he doesn't mind that I am bringing this to the attention of our community.

For those of us who are inclined toward prayer, two of our own are in need. For those whose beliefs do not include prayer, good thoughts are certainly in order.

Both Bear and tsneds will be front and center in my thoughts and prayers.

2. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

Bear, I have a friend who is active mil near Tokyo, I'll ask if there are refugee centers and any way to contact the centers for information. BEAR - PM me a family name and a city...

Bear likes this.
  3. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

I have a niece on one of thecarriers sent there and a nephew that will probably be sent from okinawa to help out... if and when he gets there i'll see if he can access any informatyion... he's in tye communications field and might be able to access some como where others might not... I'll PM when i know for sure...

Bear likes this.
  4. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

Prayers sent.[angel]

Bear likes this.
  5. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

We love you Bear.

Bear likes this.
  6. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Prayers on the way!

Bear likes this.
  7. BAT1

BAT1 Cowboys know no fear

Prayers to the Divine Spirit, may he send his Angels to their rescue and may their journeys be safe.
    Prayers also for the Japanese people, that place is not good for anything living right now.

Bear likes this.
  8. Bear

Bear Monkey+++ Founding Member Iron Monkey

Thanks Everyone...

I am humbled and deeply touched by the good thoughts, prayers and caring.

You all take good care of yourselves and your loved ones.

Give them big warm meaningful hugs and tell them you love them... don't wait... get up and do it right now.

If you have to call them and bother or wake them up.. do it. Don't wait....

It can all suddenly change as so many things in this wonderful life often do. Opportunities lost... important messages undelivered... words never spoken...

That's why we are here... we learn and prep... we prioritize... and we do all the really important meaningful things... and we don't wait... we do it now... and we never stop...

Keep Safe and God Speed to all of us...

Thank-you.

Sincerely,

Bear

E.L. and melbo like this.
  9. Valkman

Valkman Knifemaker Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

You take care Bear!

Bear likes this.
  10. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Bear, your family will be in our prayers.

Bear likes this.
  11. Bear

Thanks Valkman and Kckndrgn...
    Appreciate it...

Bear

12. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

Prayers in-bound..

Any word on tsneds? Bear? do you have positive news to report?

Bear likes this.
  13. Bear

Thanks UGRev... appreciate it...

No word... although Righthand may know...
    He flew out on the 17th... which could have been the 16th our time depending on the hour he flew out... went to LA... then on to home in another state... could still be in LA or Home by now... will let y'all know if I hear anything...

14. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

Prayers sent.

Does not look like you are glowing from here. I would imagine if there was any significant fallout, if any, in your area it would have been mentioned or detected by now.

Bear likes this.
  15. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I haven't hear from him yet either. I'm hoping they were not barred from flying due to his wife's advanced pregnancy.

16. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Prayers sent.[angel]

Bear likes this.
  17. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Praying for the entire situation, Japan as well as the Middle East and anywhere else that children are cold and hungry tonight.

Tracy and Bear like this.
  18. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

My thoughts and prayers are with you Bear, I hope good news comes fast.

Bear likes this.
  19. Bear

Thanks Colt Carbine, Quigley Sharps and EL....
    Appreciate all the good thoughts and prayers...

No news yet... hoping they are with friends or family and just have not had a chance to check in...

Interesting times...

Our families here are now looking into bringing our families in Japan over here... Japan's current and near future situation is unknown and dicey at best... outages and shortages... earthquakes and eruptions... forget the long term... that's a wing and a prayer... they rebuilt once before... but that was a different time and different circumstances... things are different and changing... geopolitical dynamics are a b*tch... not to mention when Mother Nature decides she's had enough... :0)

Thanks again for everyone's good thoughts and prayers... I appreciate it and won't forget you all...

By the way...

Did anyone hug family and tell them you loved them????

I was serious....

Bear

20. RightHand

Yes, several times and several people

Bear likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7