When heavy machinery fails.....

Discussion in 'Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions' started by chelloveck, Nov 28, 2018.

1. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

It fails spectacularly...

GrayGhost, VisuTrac, Bandit99 and 6 others like this.
  2. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

I think most of those are operator stupidity.

Gator 45/70, chelloveck and Ura-Ki like this.
  3. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

YUP, Stupid knows no bounds! Most all of that is operator error or just ignorance and being in a hurry doesn't help ether!
    These things happen here enough to ensure OSHA can exist profitably!

VisuTrac, Gator 45/70 and chelloveck like this.
  4. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

When I was in the Army, I was station at this huge radio/microwave site. For backup power we had a no-break 60kW generator which means that you never lose power. The no-break was provided by a huge 2.5 ton wheel that simply spun all the time and when power was removed kinetic energy would keep it spinning giving time for the generator to auto start and apply power.

Well, it work fine and good but the connecting bearing went out and that 2.5 ton wheel, literary, flew off the shaft and right threw the wall. BANG! Luckily no one was in the generator room at the time so no one was hurt...however it certainly did wake up the guy pulling night shift. LOL! He thought he was under attack! LOL!!!!!

Gator 45/70, chelloveck and oldman11 like this.
  5. chelloveck

In Aussie parlance....."shits were trumps" :eek:

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  6. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Most accidents are due to haste ,and ignoring safety protocols .
    DSCN4212.JPG
    I built my own shop crane on my tool box.
    Probably the most handy tool in the shop .
    Other lift equipment is not always available and to save my back I built this up for lifting engines and hydraulic pumps and such .
    even had an out rigger to support lifts that went off the side .
    Due to a few experiences with people attempting to help me I decided "not" to let any one help, and it was safer in the long run.
    I have built a few cranes and after seeing how stupid people can be I understand why some areas require a license.
    One of the advantages of working alone is that you are not expecting any oe to be lookin out for you your must know all things involved taking nothing for granted. not even the wind.
    I have known several crane operators the town their own equipment , and rarely foo they have trouble. If somethings not right you say NO.
    I've known some dare devils too and though they get away with unnecessary chances ,they clean their shorts and move on.
    Working heavy equipment most accidents were due to unqualified operators even office bosses you couldn't say no to.
    Being a mechanic i had a limited operational clearance and avoided getting talked into doing more than I felt comfortable . but it was fun working on the machinery and making fun of their blunders we had to fix .

7. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Have you ever operated any of this type of machinery Old Chap?

8. chelloveck

No....though have worked as a security guard, at a Goodyear Tyre factory, and at an ICI chemical plant. Doing security patrols through the plants. Fortunately nothing disastrous happened on my watch.

GrayGhost and Gator 45/70 like this.
  9. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Good deal Chell, I once rolled a Clark 664-B skidder on it;s side will attempting to load it on a wet,muddy,slick low-boy.
    Ran platform cranes for a number of years offshore in the Gulf of Mexico,Nothing major happened to me or my load.
    Did see a number of snafu's,Crane booms over the side,One looked like a chinaman,Boom stops failed on a antique Link-belt 48

chelloveck likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7