When technology is good...

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by Hanzo, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

I like technology much of the time. Also like old manual stuff too. The old school stuff will fail you less often most of the time. If you take care of it and know how to use it.

New tech can fail you even if you take care of it and know how to use it.

Case in point, was talking with @Bear about a chainsaw vs a Silky Katanaboy. Cost about the same, but the Katanaboy will likely last longer than a chainsaw and you do not need fuel.

But I still like tech. I love having a camera in my pocket (iPhone) and love FaceTime when I or my family are traveling. Great stuff. So while I waited for the big monkey to emerge from her party tonight, I got to chat with the wifee and little monkey. I makes a huge difference, at least to me, to be able to see them.

[​IMG]

Dunerunner, HK_User and Bear like this.
  2. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Motomom34 and Hanzo like this.
  3. Legion489

Legion489 Rev. 2:19 Banned

Yeah, and when I heated my house with wood and used an ax (double bitted) and saw it took me a couple months to cut enough firewood for the winter. With a chainsaw it took a couple weeks. Chainsaws are smelly, loud, need gas, etc.,etc. but getting done in 1/4 the time? Priceless.

Hanzo likes this.
  4. William Warren

William Warren Monkey+++

I like to think that two-stroke engines are like men: smelly, loud, demanding, and they get the job done!

Motomom34 and Hanzo like this.
  5. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7