When there are no words

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RightHand, Jun 8, 2014.

1. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

There are moments when time stands still, moments when the earth seems to stop revolving on its' axis, when the sun disappears from the sky, the stars are extinguished and the moon drops into the abyss of a far off universe; times when the air we breath ceases to exist as we hold our breath, waiting, just waiting. There are moments frozen in time and burned into the personal history of our lives.

But we live with courage and we survive, changed forever but going forward for those who cannot,,,,,maybe not now but someday

hank2222, GOG, oldawg and 8 others like this.
  2. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

That is an eloquent thought, RH.

3. Seacowboys

We lost our son last night. He took his own life.
    The bitter taste of grief is causing the shadows to cast longer, she is a harsh mistress,
    Man first found comfort and safety in those that surrounded him, his friends, family, and alliances: then he discovered fire.
    God Bless
    459979_128163680645536_1736988281_o.

hank2222 likes this.
  4. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

I am sorry for your loss, Sea...I could not have expressed any better sentiments than RH's. I have no words other than that my thoughts go with you and yours.

5. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

No amount of words could ever describe the full detail of loss and grief left behind by those we hold dear when they pass on. The only thing we can do as brothers and sisters, mothers and fathers is to be there for those who are in pain or may be without hope. Some say that time will heal all wounds, but sometimes that is just not true. It gets easier with time, but the scars will forever remind us of the fact that this life is terribly temporary.

I am so sorry, Sea.

6. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

I'm sorry, Sea. I've lost friends, but never a son. I can only imagine your pain. My thoughts go with you.
    Kellory.

7. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

I am sorry to hear of your loss Sea. Life is fraught with dangers and difficulties, and those who where born with a tender, loving spirit are often those who struggle the hardest with the harsh realities of this life. I will pray for peace and healing for you and your family! Be blessed that you had him and held him for those years that he was with you!

8. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

As one that has buried a son, I understand. Understanding helps not at all. Condolences, Seacowboys, may you and yours heal; it will come in time. Memory will hold him close forever.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
  9. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Our condolences to you and yours, Sea, from friends that know the pain of losing a child....

10. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

I am so sorry to hear of your loss Sea. My prayers of comfort to you and yours.

11. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

God bless you and your family as you work through these times of heartbreak. sadness and recovery, at the loss of your son. Though one may dwell upon the reason.... one should focus on the fond memories... for there is no good reason. Remember him with a smile.... as he is sitting beside the throne tonight...... Our condolences to you and yours!!!
    YD

12. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

My condolences to you and your family. Very sad to hear that kind of news.

13. Airtime

Airtime Monkey+++

Sea, I understand the pain. Lost my daughter when she was 4. I wish I had or ever heard some words to somehow make it a bit better. Just know that others understand, know that our eyes tear for you and that you will be in my prayers.

AT

14. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

Offering condolences and prayers.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.

15. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Our prayers and hearts go out to you and your family Sea. I can't imagine the pain of losing one of my offspring before me.

16. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Sorry to hear of your loss Sea, prayers for you and your family.

17. Seacowboys

I want to thank my many friends and acquaintances for the condolences. I found a few moments for my personal grief last night, but I am the one that holds our family together and cannot spent but a few maudlin moments for myself. I cannot begin to imagine the pain my wife is feeling, having lost her baby. I am angry that someone would give up such a precious gift as life in the pique of a moment.

VisuTrac and Brokor like this.
  18. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Yes, it's tough to fully comprehend, even for me after nearly 30 years having lost my own brother to suicide. I was just a small kid then, but I remember the effect it had on my pops and the family. The tough thing to come to terms with is that suicide is a terribly selfish act. Keep on being the anchor for the family.

19. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

I know that anger all too well. It will consume you, if you let it, as it nearly consumed me. I lost a best friend to a silly girl and a bullet.
    The loss will always be there, but I can tell you the anger fades. Anything that hot must cool or it will kill you as well.
    [angelsad]

Dawg23, chelloveck and Brokor like this.
  20. JABECmfg

JABECmfg multi-useless

I'm at a loss for words and have little personal experience from which others here might benefit, but given the situation, I can't just sit here and not offer any condolences.

Sea, it's obvious even to me that you have a lot of people here that you can lean on, and rightfully so. I hope that the monkey tree is able to bring peace to you, as I'm sure you are doing for your family.

BTPost and kellory like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7