When to buy gold when to buy silver

Discussion in 'Financial Cents' started by oil pan 4, Jun 3, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

As others have mentioned ensuring that one has their basics(food,water,shelter,ect) covered first is best. That being said, I'd guess that many folks could add small purchases of junk silver in to the prep budget fairly easy. To me this is a case of a little is better than none. Junk sliver is still affordable and can be purchased in small amounts to help ease the budget hit. As far as SHTF goes it's anybody's guess and mine is that sliver coins will have their place in bartering,trade as soon as folks see that the paper truly is worthless. One ounce silver coins for bigger deals much like we use 100 dollar bills in stead of 10's and 20's now. A member mentioned awhile back that they buy up real silver silverware at yard sales,ect. I think that's a great idea and have done the same. As far as gold goes, smaller coins to me are the way to go or better yet gold dust/nuggets if you happen to be in an area where you can pan for it. I did this years ago at the ranch in Colorado and over time collected a few pill bottles full. It was fun, the ex and my daughters thought I just took off to do a little fishing. My little insurance policy that I kept to myself.

Retirement portfolios are a different cat altogether.

2. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

So how do get to read this without posting ANY INFO , NAMES ,SEX ,GENDER ETC. .
    I'm so Leary of phishing

Sloth

Gator 45/70 and Ganado like this.
  3. Cruisin Sloth

Get YOUR soft metal back , YA think that if USA implodes that your able to Just waltz into Kanada ?? and start mooching off ?? your SM is better hidden in a tree cubby .
    I can see a lock down type of thing .. ?
    re think that BT

Gator 45/70 and Ganado like this.
  4. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Nope, just march into Kanada, and retrieve my PMs, from the RBoC Safety Deposit Box... Where they are stored, and the pop back home... Nothing but a Three day trip... Who in their "Right Mind" would want to stay in Canook Land... Nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there...."

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  5. Cruisin Sloth

I feel the same way but in a Mirror .
    Just be sure , Cuz I hear different on lock downs .

6. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

[​IMG]

7. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

10) Secrets and hidden technologies will soon be revealed to the people

Bout damn time! Ta hell with a hoverboard, I've been waiting on the flying car since I was 6!!

8. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

I disagree...in my opinion a small amount of silver coins should be part of your short-term preps...currency problems are much more probable than major SHTF events.

9. chimo

Even when FDR banned gold, citizens were still allowed to own up to $100 in gold coins (about 5 ounces then, which would be about $6,225 today).

kellory and Ganado like this.
  10. chimo

I keep about 40 pounds of lead ingots on-hand. I can only dream of owning the same weight in gold bars. :(

11. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Silver has health benefits, as well. It is antibacterial and could keep your water cleaner, it is used in wound salves, it transfers heat better than anything else, and folks use it to make silver ionized water.

12. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

Before modern refrigeration people used to put a silver dollar in their milk jug to make the milk last longer.

13. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Or a pinch of salt.
    Maybe both.

14. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Buy you some now.
    Stores easily in the flower bed.
    Anything 8" deep is pretty much fire proof.

1. VisuTrac
  2. Ganado
  3. oil pan 4
  4. Motomom34
  5. oil pan 4
  6. T. Riley
  7. oil pan 4
  8. Bandit99
  9. thegoldlock.com
  10. Game Ends
  11. CATO
  12. Brokor