When Will The Tribulation Begin?

Discussion in 'Faith and Religion' started by Dont, Jul 30, 2021.

1. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

Some may find this of interest.

When will the TRIBULATION begin? Where are we on the BIBLICAL Calender? (What Time is it?)

Ura-Ki likes this.
  2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

It has already begun…

SB21, mysterymet, Dont and 2 others like this.
  3. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

What time is it? About 1 minute past midnight and many people are sleeping.

Gator 45/70, duane and Ura-Ki like this.
  4. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Like BT says, were already there, 7 years of the first cycle!
    only real question is; how far into those first 7 years are we?

crowdaddy, Gator 45/70 and duane like this.
  5. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

For as long as Christianity is a living religion, 'tribulation' theories, and the associated 'raptures' (pre trib 'rapture' vs post trib 'rapture') will be discussed and debated ad-nauseum until Christianity becomes, like belief in the Norse, ancient Greek and ancient Roman pantheons, extinct.

I consider the debate over the rapture, and associated Christian theological doctrines as relevant to non Christians, and even some flavours of Christianity, as many Christians feel and care about the significance to their lives of debates between Shia and Sunni Muslims upon the minutiae of Islamic theology.

I consider the discussion a about the Christian doctrines of the 'tribulation' / 'rapture' as being analogous to the debate about how many angels can dance on the point of a pin.... pointless except for those who are feeling anxiety about their prospects for being raptured...or 'left behind'

The answer to the angels on pins speculation is apparently

One. ;)

Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
    Thunder5Ranch and Gator 45/70 like this.
  6. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

And it leads to this:
    The Adam and eve event.

84 million years wasn't the last time it happened.

Brokor and Ura-Ki like this.
  7. Lone Gunman

Lone Gunman Draw Varmint!

The beginning of the 'Age of Sorrows' has already begun, and the 'Great Tribulation' has already started.

In fact we are, at the present time, deeply immersed inside of this grievous spiritual dilemma and all that it entails. Sir Isaac Newton, who appears to have been fascinated by this topic, mused that the end times would NOT OCCUR at any time before the year 2060 A.D.

I, myself, began working on this sacred chronology problem while I was still a young man (as well as a high honors pretheological student); and—without any knowledge, whatsoever, of Newton's (then widely unknown)* apocalyptical investigations—I arrived independently at my own conclusion of peak end time events occurring between 2075 and 2085.

(Sorry, but, I was then and I am now presently unable to zero in any more accurately than this.)

Which is okay, I guess; especially when it is remembered that Christ warned us that only The Father knows the exact date and time of the ultimate apocalyptic event. (Matthew 24:36)

* Religious views of Isaac Newton - Wikipedia

Last edited: Jul 31, 2021
    Ura-Ki likes this.
  8. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++

All I can say here is that I have known two people in my life that straight out told me that they were going the experience the “Rapture”, both of them died way back in the mid 2000’s.

9. chelloveck

It's possible that Newton's biblical speculations may have been affected by mercuric toxicity from exposure to his alchemy speculations and experiments Isaac Newton - RationalWiki. As intelligent as Newton undoubtedly was (as evidenced by his work in physics), he was also capable of making scientific howlers (astronomy ) as well . I think Newtons prognostications on Christian 'end times' theology falls within a similar kind of speculative reasoning such as as divining the date of biblical creation as suggested by James Ussher, when usher worked backwards through biblical genealogy Ussher chronology - Wikipedia, only that Newton worked forwards using his own theological logic.

There is no more confidence to be conceded to Newton's 'tribulation / end times speculation' than his commitments to the the alchemic conversion of base metals into precious ones. They are of historical interest, in examining the contemporary beliefs of a brilliant, but flawed man...but not warranting any confidence that his 'end times' speculations are accurate or true.

10. Lone Gunman

Lone Gunman Draw Varmint!

Hey Chello, how do you come up with this stuff? Sure, there's all sorts of nonsensical pseudointellectual crap on the internet; but that doesn't mean that you're supposed to wallow in it. It's also possible that Americans will be able to pay off their national debt; but how likely do you think that is!

crowdaddy likes this.
  11. chelloveck

Paying off the US national debt would require more pain, self restraint and sacrifice than most US citizens would be prepared to pay. The USA is like a competitor in a depression era marathon dancing competition (They Shoot Horses Don't They? They Shoot Horses, Don't They? (film) - Wikipedia the complete movie is available as a free download via YouTube if one can bear watching Hanoi Jane act. ;) ) The dance will continue until the economy is utterly destroyed, or until the debtor is destroyed which amounts to much the same thing I guess.

The USA will keep the marathon national debt dance going because it has no other option...sure the debt might occasionally get trimmed microscopically, but the economy has a hungry tapeworm which demands to be fed...that tapeworm is consumerism and the Ponzi scheme of unlimited economic growth.

Edit: This is not a state of affairs that I find any satisfaction in, but when the US economy falters as happened during the Wall Street Crash of '29, and the Global Financial Crisis...it impacts the world population...the instability being generated by TRumpist MAGA maggots is not helping any either. I Fear that the USA is going the way of Weimar Germany...down the road towards authoritarianism.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2021
    Gator 45/70 and apache235 like this.
  12. oldman1111

oldman1111 Monkey

all i can say to chelloveck is" hell ain't half full "
    [flag]

crowdaddy likes this.
  13. chelloveck

Never fear oldman...I dare say we'll both be rounding out the shortfall somewhere other than where we are expected to be...perhaps....
    It is just a little premature to be thinking where anyone will be on the other side....but thank you for your concern that Satan's realm is underpopulated, I'll be happy to keep you company there...I wouldn't want you to feel lonely. [reddevil]

Tempstar likes this.
  14. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

feeling lonely would be the least of your concerns.

crowdaddy likes this.
  15. chelloveck

I have as much anxiety about Hell, as Christians have anxiety of post death perambulations over the Chinvat Bridge; going to Gehinnom; crossing the Styx down to Hades; wandering the eternal journey of Samsara; or dwelling with Yamantaka at the Bardo until it is established that one has achieved enlightenment, or doomed to another wash, rinse and repeat cycle of life, dealing with $hit on earth. Id rather be spending my afterlife time in Valhalla: What's not to like about drinking, brawling and wenching....way cooler than 'heaven'. ;)

16. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

Has anyone seen any indications of the seals being broken yet?

I am of the mind we are just in the birthing pains period. According to the OP,the we could see something in two months. Or, wait another 7 years until the start of the next shemittah year.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  17. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Well I for one won't be going to heaven or hell, I plan on sticking around and haunting some SOB's and watching over the kids and grandkids.

18. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

IIRC there are certain things that are supposed to happen BEFORE it starts... one is the Temple being rebuilt?

so not so sure we are even close... unless they start on the temple real soon???

Ura-Ki and Gator 45/70 like this.
  19. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Not that I subscribe to it, but it is believed that the rapture takes place first.
    personally I believe that since Jesus said No man knows, not even the angels of God, only the Father, I side with Jesus.

20. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

just read a good article on that... and it also makes a pretty good argument for prior...

and seems to back up every assertion with scripture

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0945593317/?tag=survivalmonke-20

Ura-Ki and Gator 45/70 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7