When you meet pure evil

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Motomom34, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I am a Walking Dead fan and I have been waiting for @kdalton to up-date her blog on what has been going on this season but she must be on vacation. In the last episodes there has been pure evil. I know it is a TV show but it this season has made me sick with the darkness the characters have encountered.

There is a new character that rules a group through fear. He is something that exists. Evil does exist and one is apt to encounter such a person. So what do you do when evil comes to your door step and says, "You work for me now." Imagine a ruthless group threatening you and yours, taking half you own and demanding you scavenge goods for them. You must obey or someone will die. I know your first reaction would be to fight and resist but if you have children, do you really want to fight and maybe leave your kids under the rule of evil? What if you fight and evil kills your loved one?

I know we have touched on this subject before but how far are you willing to submit to evil? I have children so my thought is to protect but I do wonder how much I would take.

Ura-Ki, Tully Mars, AD1 and 3 others like this.
  2. svjoe

svjoe Angry Monkey

We are all Negan.......... untitled.

3. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

I'm ploughing my way through a book that touches on this dilemma.....called Moral Combat: A History of WWII, by Michael Burleigh. Many fought and resisted evil....many collaborated, aided and abetted evil, and the vast majority tried to survive, the best way they could, neither helping, nor hindering evil.

upload_2016-12-14_1-25-10.

4. chelloveck

It's said, that he who sups with the devil should have a long spoon....If I can't beat 'em, then I'd be putting as much distance from them as possible.

5. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

The sad reality is that there will be times when you have no good choices. It will basically come down to physical survival or soul/moral survival, as I see it. What do you think is more important?

6. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

I am a male...so my line in the sand for "submitting to evil" is directly proportional to the physical and visual stimulation that evil inflicts upon me. What's the old saying...a stiffy knows no conscience?

A man has to know his limitations in order to gain some discipline over them. ;)

7. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

Better to die free than live with a cross on your back?

Riddle me this...is it better to slowly die as a slave, or to risk defeat to stay free?
    Also, I ain;t no fool, and any SHTF plan that does not involve planning to defeat asshats like that is not a fully developed plan.

8. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I'll take and bear the cross, but not the cross hairs.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
    chelloveck likes this.
  9. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

I'll take a dozen

[​IMG]

Ura-Ki, fmhuff and Ganado like this.
  10. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I do wonder because is physical survival worth it if your soul is dead. Life without hope is a sad way to live but if you live your life for others, those you love then maybe it is worth it.

11. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

"You work for me now" and Me "You have now been demoted to tomorrows pig turds :) " Sorry I live in a black and white world where there is right and there is wrong and anything inbetween is just BS excuse making to justify doing wrong.

Ura-Ki and Cruisin Sloth like this.
  12. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

I have watched every season, every episode of WD but could not watch the first show of the new season. Too much evil. That being said, you comply to live and plan for the first opportunity to kill the SOB ASAP.

Ura-Ki, Tully Mars, Motomom34 and 2 others like this.
  13. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

I am late to WD and it will be a while before I get to the Negan episodes. In death there is no chance to destroy the evil, and in choosing death you are unable to protect others from it. T. Riley said it well above. I would choose to stay alive (even if I counted myself as otherwise dead) in order to eventually destroy or at least inflict as much damage as I could. In life there is hope, in death there is nothing.

An aside - I'd have diched that beautiful but ineffective at all but the shortest ranges Colt Python for the first AR/AK/FAL/etc I came across.

Ura-Ki, GOG, Motomom34 and 1 other person like this.
  14. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Ditto!

Ura-Ki likes this.
  15. chelloveck

Who knows what one may actually do, until the moment of decision arrives...my inclination is to resist, frustrate, and thwart evil acts against humanity; the trick is to do it intelligently, in ways that don't place oneself, and one's beloved ones at mortal risk.

The kind of gangs / marauders that the OP has alluded to, use a variety of methods to coerce compliance, ranging from the use of hostages, to implicating new initiates in the kind of ritualised participation in the kinds of evils that the group tends to focus on. It's not for nothing that urban gangs have a blood in - blood out, ethos. Making sure that your hands are as bloody as theirs is a powerful way of bringing moral ethical folk down to their level, and cementing your survival with theirs.

Prepping for such contingencies, may offer one with more options when dealing with such vermin. However, no matter how well one is prepared, it's a wise person who has a number of escape and evasion options, to a safe haven(s) from which to win back one's moral integrity, and a firm base from which to fight the evil that has displaced one from one's home / community.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
    Ura-Ki, Tully Mars and Motomom34 like this.
  16. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

I'd rather die on my feet, than live on my knees.

Ura-Ki, GOG and Thunder5Ranch like this.
  17. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

I am a big fan my self negan should have been killed by Karl instead of talking to him the girl should have killed him also there's a lot that could be done his people don't like him and that will be his down fall can't make everyone take your shit and like it

18. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu RIP 4/19/2018

Not when I have these rifle skills.:cautious: And, all these rifles of course!

Oh yeah! My "child" is 6'7" and weighs 245#!

3M-TA3, Motomom34 and Ura-Ki like this.
  19. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

TOO funny
    I know the difference & have only been IN churches for a drowning , invited to see a few kiss , and then a few to say they might make good compost .

EVIL is what I was used to see & report to stop. MIL-TIME
    Better check a mirror on the country !!!

3M-TA3 and Ura-Ki like this.
  20. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Every human ever borne has both good AND evil inside them, You, Me, the kid down the street, All have both! The difference is that most choose to live in the path of light, choose to do good, be good, and to treat others good as well. Then there are the ones who for what ever reason or motivation cannot see the difference, or choose to ignore it. I think we have all seen it at one time or another! I have seen a few people in my life time that fit the description of Pure Evil, and knowing that when you see it can save you down the road. The real question comes from those that for what ever reason choose to turn from the path of good. Mental anguish can change a man into something he never thought possible, make him do things he never would have even considered before, they are the truly scary ones!!!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7