Where Can get a shipping container for rent?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mariesays, Jan 31, 2023.

1. Mariesays

Mariesays Monkey

Hi, We have made the decision to relocate to Texas in two to three months so that my children can pursue higher education. We have already left the rented house in Canada, but the relocation procedure will take at least three to four months to complete because of several legal requirements. I therefore require a location to store my possessions till then. It appears like storage spaces are really pricey. therefore considering leasing shipping containers. Could you provide me some names of reputable businesses that rent out shipping containers

Dunerunner likes this.
  2. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Ha, I can tell you there are plenty scumbag rip-offs out there when it comes to shipping containers..

3. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I would try any of the Port Towns in southern Texas... They all have One-Way Shipping Containers for sale...

4. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I'd just buy 1 right out ,, use it as long as you need it ,, then sell it for what you bought it for .

Well , i just looked at this members profile ,, been here less than a week ,, not sure its not a scam . Looks like hes advertising more than asking a question .

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2023
  5. Kamp Krap

Kamp Krap Monkey++

You just stated exactly what the guy I buy containers from has said. He rents them out or sells them and is pretty straight up the buying them is a much better deal for the customer than renting them and renting them out is a much better deal for him than selling them outright.

6. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

you need a shipping company associated with those CONEX boxes - you can buy or rent all the containers you want - fill them up - and then what? - you think just anybody can come to a location and trailer up a CONEX box?

look up POD companies that have the size containers you want - and make sure they know how to handle CA to USA shipments .....

Gator 45/70 and Alanaana like this.
  7. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Gator 45/70, Dunerunner and BTPost like this.
  8. Leasing a shipping container may be a great option for you. Shipping containers are typically cheaper than storage spaces and, depending on your needs, can be more secure. They can also be customized to fit your needs, such as adding locks, climate control, shelving and other features. Additionally, many companies offer door-to-door delivery and pickup for shipping containers, which could be a great convenience for you. Be sure to research different companies and compare prices and services to get the best deal.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  9. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

@brainrcampbell I see you recently joined the monkey. Make sure you introduce yourself in our New Member Introductions | Survival Monkey Forums thread.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7