Where Do I Get One Of These?

Discussion in 'Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions' started by Gopherman, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Gopherman

Gopherman Sometimes I Wish I Could Go Back to Sleep

Fly On THe Wall.

2. Gopherman

I sure could think of a few uses for one of these bad boys!!

3. KAS

KAS Monkey+++

i got 2 on stand bye for sale!!!!

4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I'd just like to have one of those 9-nanometer chain guns.

5. Snake_Doctor

Snake_Doctor Call me Snake...

I see you mentioned gold and silver. What is the point of hoarding these metals for the bad time. That one oz Kreugerrand will cost you thousands now, and who could give you change for it under current conditions? Let alone when the SHTF? Would'nt be better to invest that money in long term food, medical supplies and munitions? Just my take on the matter. When I built a tiny PSK for a relative entering the service I added some 1/10 oz coins she could possibly trade to get back to friendly territory or supplies, etc in some third world country..

grelfod and Gopherman like this.
  6. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I think that has been touched on before. Holding PMs won't do a lot of good during and after the fecal material runs thru the air mover. However, during the recovery, there's apt to be a better use. To say, PMs are a hedge for future use.

Yard Dart likes this.
  7. Gopherman

I agree in the Tangible ownership of Food not Gold.
    You can't eat Gold!! As far as bartering it as currency you'll never get the mileage out if it (Bang for the Buck) that you will out of food and water. If SHTF I can get more out of my $1,250.00 worth of food in trade than you will ever be able to get out of an ounce of Gold, and that includes use for barter.
    Tobacco in bulk, will be far more valuable for trade I can buy 73 lbs of cigarette tobacco for the same price based on the $1,250.00 where gold has been hovering +/-, I can get a years worth of 2,000 cal.per day freeze dried food, roughly 40/ 6 gallon pails full of Hard Red Wheat from Augason Farms ready for storage good up to 30 years until opened.
    In a time of crisis people will need food, try using Gold or Silver to barter with me and will be useless.
    Things I would barter food for;
    1) Antibiotics
    2)Bullets
    3)Warm Clothing
    4)Fire wood
    5)Etc......
    There will be plenty of Guns and ammo laying around for the taking, Depending on what form the Collapse takes, Food is a different story.
    But we all have our own views on things, But i would take food over Gold anyday in a SHTF scenario!!
    By the way I have found a great source for water storage containers with low prices Best Plastic Water Tanks, Septic Tanks, Storage Tanks & More

8. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

This is what the neighbors use for Water Storage.... The Cannery has to pay to get rid of these, and they are Food Grade.... 350 USG with 2" NPT Fitting on the valve...

IMG_0802.

9. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

All that's missing is an airlock, and you have yourself a sweet brewing vessel....sure beats brewing beer in 20 litre batches.... ;)

Yard Dart and kellory like this.
  10. BTPost

If only I had an interest in Beer Brewing.....

11. olderer25

olderer25 Monkey

Now honestly i have said and been laughed at for this by the way, twinkies, tobacco, an alcohol. Worth there weight in gold..

grelfod likes this.
  12. BTPost

You left out Hostess Cupcakes.......

13. grelfod

grelfod Monkey

I agree. what you may see in the fan splatter might be like trading... 1 Kreugerrand for 1 bottle water.
    A financially bad trade, but you cant eat or drink money of any flavor. Still handy to have in smaller denominations for those opportunities that may require the 'cash in hand' tactic

14. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

What comes in those? I wonder if the local cannery would be willing to part with them if they use them here...hmmm.

15. BTPost

We get a product called "Sorbitol" in these. It is a Dextrose Liquid Product that we use in our Caviar Production. We go thru maybe 3-4 of these a day at Peak Production. I understand that Major Airports, use a DeIcing Fluid, that is distributed in these same containers. You might
    check with your local Major Airport, that DeIce Commercial Aircraft.

16. DarkLight

Ah, wasn't sure which cannery you were talking about. Wonder if/how deicing fluid would clean out.

17. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

Not well enough to be depended on for my life-sustaining water, IMO. Be careful!

Yard Dart likes this.
  18. DarkLight

Tracy - kinda my thought. I'm personally not aware of ANY plastic that isn't at least a little porous and would continue to leach back into whatever was now stored in it.

Even milk cartons can make water taste a little manky...

19. BTPost

As I understand it, most of, if NOT ALL, DeIcing Fluid in use today, is not only BioDegradable, but Non-Toxic, as per EPA Regs. This is likely TRUE, due to it being Dumped on the Airport apron, and then going straight down the RunOff Drains into the Sewer System.

20. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

The material safety data sheet for that product should indicate any toxicity or environmental / fire-fighting / spillage risks. Recommendations for PPE for handling ought also be included. If recipes for dink mixes cocktails are included, it's probably safe to consume. ;)

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7