Where do you draw the line at the gas pump?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by phishi, Aug 10, 2005.

1. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Has to be an improvement. The one I had connections with was an 02. Very sluggish, but cruised well.

2. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

[​IMG]

3. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

$2.79.9/gallon around here now

4. ghrit

$2.979 the other day. D was $3.07 IIRCfoosed

5. Quigley_Sharps

6. Bogbeast

Bogbeast Monkey+++ Founding Member

Mine is a 2litre

HDi (hydrolic diesel injection) with a turbo and a 5 speed stick shift it does 55miles to the gallon when my wife drives it and a lot less when I do lol. Seriously though it's pretty damn fast as it is only small and carries no body weight to speak of. So I gues the UK must have one of the highest rates of fuel on the planet.It now works out at £1 pound sterling per litre and out of that the government takes about 90% or so for it's cut. Man I wish I were young enough to emigrate to the US of A, where you can buy guns and knives and actually go out into the wilderness and fire them. You are very lucky lucky people.

7. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

$2.73

8. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Good point Bogbeast... Problem isthat 95% of us here in the US don't realize this. We're giving it away wholesale

9. fuzzy

fuzzy Monkey+++

$2.85.9/gal here sucks! went to2.66.9 for 1 day can you belive it?last wk spent 45$ on gas truck/ mower(i have 5 acres to mow)i think that if i had the money/ skill i'd convert my old berreta to electric.as i only drive about 16 miles each way to work also work nights so put solar cells on hood,trunk,roof to help charge it. but if wishs were horses we'd all ride. btw drive 94 ranger 2wd so not so bad on gas.

10. ghrit

97 4wd Ranger with 211K on the clock. Since new, 21 mpg on 87 octane, 19 on E85 at $2.999 the other day. (15 mpg highway with the trailer on.)

11. fuzzy

fuzzy Monkey+++

wow i hope mine lasts that many miles or at least the next 3 yrs. i belive in the apache style of auto ownership. buy it used an run it till its dead.

12. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

My commute is about 45 min, one way to work (less than 30mi). I can almost always get by with 3/4 of a tank of gas a week and almost always fill up on Monday. Now my car is getting about 22mpg and it's a '00 grand am w/V6 engine. Now my wife, that works 2 1/2 mi from home drives the minivan which is getting 16 mpg. Oh how I wish she would ride her bike to work, but since she works in a warehouse there's a snowballs chance in hell of that happening.

Oh, well, all I can do is keep up with maintenance and try to get the best milage I can.

Ryan

13. Quigley_Sharps

Somedays I commute 2hrs one way, or 1hr, or 3 hrs. makes for a long day.

14. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

I drove 500 miles on 9 gallons last week

15. E.L.

[kissit]

16. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

$2.93 a gallon in most places...

Found it for $2.87..

But the island is only 14 miles long and 2 miles wide...It's not like I use a lot of gas..

And the new job is only 3 blocks from my house...I can walk. Or ride my bike...as long as I work the 7-3 shift....too hot in the afternoon...I'd look like I'd been in a sauna if I did that in the afternoon.....

17. E.L.

I saw it at $2.73 this morning.

18. Ardent Listener

Ardent Listener Monkey+++

The best price I saw today was $2.79. It must still be too cheap though because I was at the speed limit (65MPH) and everyone including motorhomes were passing me.

19. ghrit

$3.029 today for 87. (In NORTHERN VA.)

20. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

My Toyota Tercel ('91 model, just turned over 60K miles - got it from Mom for free) gets 30MPG on the average. Not bad. But thirty dead presidents to fill a Toymotor!? Highway robbery . . . :mad:

I've been riding the KLR650 every day it's not actively raining - and it's a dry year. A tank lasts me a week. 20 miles round trip into and from work, twice a day (I go home for lunch, to cruise the net. Can't at work). So forty miles a day. Some off-road play on the weekends, after the morning range session. I have a bigger cargo rack on back, and a collapsible gear duffle and bungees - I can do a fair bit of shopping on the way home on the bike. It's funny when the clerk sees my helmet and jacket, then looks at four or five bags of groceries. Haha! :) He's thinking, "How can he carry all that?"
    I rode this bike from North Florida to Tennessee and back in May, with a mighty big load on back. Got just over 50MPG (I'm a Security Squad sized guy) - about the average for the KLR. A co-worker has the Honda Hybrid car and gets about the same. They are hyped out the wazoo - 60+MPG my hairy posterior!
    My Ramcharger 4X4 sits in the back yard, not currently running. (Well, I am a southern Redneck . . . at least it ain't on blocks.) At 10MPG or less, it is losing it's place in the list of priorities. I can't justify driving it at these gas prices! :eek:
    $2.95 a gallon for the regular here today.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7