Where do you get bulk "00" Buck?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by E.L., Feb 18, 2006.

1. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Does anyone know of a place to buy buckshot in bulk?

2. sniper-66

sniper-66 Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Nope, hard to get. I picked up two five pound bags of it today, first I have seen in a year.

3. meyah

meyah Monkey+++

why would you need any?

Practice with birdshot, mostly. The range difference-capability difference is so small as to be meaningless. I'd use #2 birdshot, and aim at the head, (all the time) same as for turkeys, so that I would be less likely to end up trying to hunt small game with buckshot, or fight with #6 birdshot.

4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Re: why would you need any?

And that went a long way toward finding a bag of double ought. Thanx.

5. meyah

meyah Monkey+++

since it's not needed, and you didn't know that,

I solved your "problem" for you. You just aint realized it, yet.

6. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Re: since it's not needed, and you didn't know that,

Jeez. It did not take Sherlock to figure that out. The point is still where to get it, which remains unanswered. Since you don't want it or need it, no matter the purpose --

7. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Loaded or unloaded in the raw form?

8. sniper-66

Hornady sells it in five pound bags, so I am thinking the Midway types should carry it. "OO" buck is becoming hard to find. I have been looking for years for a "OO" buck lead mold but have been unsuccessful. I will surf and see if I can find an actual source, look for Hornady bullet products and you should find some though.
    Meyah, you assume we're hunting with it. I load my own and use it for target drills. "OO" buck works wonders for takinging hinges off the frame. Something #2 won't do very well. Also, #2 doesn't have the knock down at 25 yards as "OO" buck does.

9. E.L.

Loaded. I did find four ten round boxes of it at $4.49 a box. I will check out Midway.

10. sniper-66

Sellier and Ballot, or however you spell it, they sell a lot of "OO" buck also. Been way to busy with our resident Bobo doll to research for you, sorry.

11. E.L.

Yeah, the stuff I bought today was S&B.

12. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Cheaper than dirt has 25 round boxes of 12 guage 00 buck in 2 3/4 inch 12 pellet loads for $9.79 and may have better deals but thats what I see in the catalog on the desk at a glance.

13. E.L.

Thanks MM, I will check them out.

14. BigUglyOne

BigUglyOne Monkey+++ Founding Member

15. magnus392

magnus392 Field Marshall Mags Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Hey EL, you ever thought about loading your own shotgun shells? I have a buddy that got the set up for christmas:D I am sure we are gonna cook up some nasty stuff over spring break! We want to do some bean back and rubber buckshot rounds for "less leathal" work.... [peep]

16. sniper-66

I reload "OO" buck, and cast my own slugs and load them. What family fun that is!

17. magnus392

magnus392 Field Marshall Mags Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

We plan on trying all kinda of cool stuff in there. Piano wire tied with lead sinker on each end will rip a metal trashcan in half [winkthumb]

18. sniper-66

You'll have to make me one of those to try on the vest-o-truth!

19. E.L.

Actually that is the plan. My neighbor Ron came over night before last to borrow my 1927 1911 to try out his conversion kits (in .17 and .22) and told me that we could reload a bunch whenever I got ready. I do need to order some buckshot, shells, etc. so I won't use all of his. He has a couple of reloaders and has been doing it for years. I would like to load up a bunch. MZB's, the Walking Dude, or the latest the President of Harvard might show up with me not having enough presents to go around. :(

20. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I havent tried them out but like the idea of the bolo rounds.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7