Where to get boxes for #10 cans???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Motomom34, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I am looking for a source to get boxes for my #10 cans. I know when purchasing, the cans come in a box that hold 6 cans. I disposed of the boxes and now that I am moving, I need boxes to store the cans neatly in. I saw the measurements on another website, 18.5" x 12.5" x 7.5". Has anyone purchased case boxes for #10 cans lately? I need the boxes now, so if I can get shipped quickly or pick-up locally that would be the best.

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

It's an odds on bet that your local supermarket carries #10 cans for commercial customers. Or, maybe the pizza shop that buys tom sauce by the case?

sec_monkey, Ura-Ki and Motomom34 like this.
  3. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

4. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

@Brokor if you have any of the #10 can boxes, could you measure to make sure those measurements that I posted are correct. I measured the cans and mathematically I am questioning those measurements that I posted.

5. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

6. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I did exactly that, and measured the external dimensions because I do not remove my cans *unlike some people* ;)
    The link I gave should work, but you have to order in bulk (15-25 boxes) still reasonable. U-Line measures dimensions from the internal dimensions of the box. Should be 18"x12"x8" This is what I would use, personally 18 x 12 x 8" 275 lb. Double Wall Corrugated Boxes S-4896 - Uline

Ganado, tacmotusn, sec_monkey and 4 others like this.
  7. Aeason

Aeason Monkey

Uline ships fast, they deliver next day for us.

8. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I would not have took them out of the box but I had a spot between the wall and a floor to ceiling shelf. I could stack them 5 deep from floor to ceiling. Most never noticed, it was the best hidden in plain sight spot.

Brokor likes this.
  9. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu RIP 4/19/2018

Once you have confirmed the necessary dimensions, try a U-haul store! They sell very heavy duty boxes for movers. It's been years but I seem to remember not being outraged by the cost! Best of luck on your move!:D

sec_monkey and Motomom34 like this.
  10. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Since I got the measurements from B, I found the boxes on Amazon. I got free delivery with prime.

Brokor, tacmotusn and Sgt Nambu like this.
  11. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7