Resource Where Women Have No Doctor, Fifth Printing 2014

A Health Guide For Women, Published By The Hesperian Foundation

1. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

@BTPost
    Any chance that alaskachick can review this one?

Asia-Off-Grid likes this.
  3. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I will Ask her, when she wakes up.... {a couple hours later} She told me that she will look at it and maybe post some other Links to similar Resources....

Asia-Off-Grid and ghrit like this.
  4. alaskachick

alaskachick A normally quiet snow monkey

I am still working through this. There is good information. It is in what I would consider a “dumbed down” format. It is written so that a person with only a 5th grade education can understand it. That is the standard in the US for medical information papers given to patients. I believe most women in the US probably already know much of the information. On a global scale it is a valuable resource. As I write this I don’t remember if it has been published in other languages. I am guessing the answer is yes. I will finish reading it and if I have any more comments.........you will hear. :) I want to add that I meant no disrespect to anyone with the “dumbed down” comment. But I think that information should be geared to the person who is receiving that information. By and large, it is my opinion, that in the US this is usually involves much greater understanding of complex terms and language.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
    Asia-Off-Grid and ghrit like this.
  5. alaskachick

alaskachick A normally quiet snow monkey

And it wasn’t a couple of hours later! He is just so deaf now he doesn’t hear me get up!;) hmmmmmm there could be benefits to this. ;)

BTPost, Asia-Off-Grid and ghrit like this.
  6. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

Yes ma'am, you are quite correct. Actually, it is currently in print in six other languages, I recently learned, after visiting the Where Women Have No Doctor page on the Hesperian website:

1. Benjamin A. Wood
  2. Asia-Off-Grid
  3. Asia-Off-Grid
  4. Asia-Off-Grid
  5. Asia-Off-Grid
  6. Asia-Off-Grid
  7. Asia-Off-Grid
  8. Asia-Off-Grid
  9. Motomom34
  10. Asia-Off-Grid
  11. Asia-Off-Grid
  12. Asia-Off-Grid
  13. Asia-Off-Grid
  14. Asia-Off-Grid
  15. Asia-Off-Grid
  16. Asia-Off-Grid
  17. Witch Doctor 01
    A few files on wound closure...
    Thread by: Witch Doctor 01, Jun 22, 2018, 35 replies, in forum: Resource Discussions
  18. wideym
  19. Ganado
  20. Ganado
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7